Nnamdi Azikiwe University is founded on the philosophy that knowledge should be propagated and disseminated to individuals without let or hindrance. Teaching and Research would be anchored on the needs of the Nigerian and International society generally.
Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, after whom the University is named, stands out clearly in the history of University education in Nigeria and Africa in general. In the discharge of its mission, the University shall live up to the ideals of this renowned statesman, by making University education pragmatic, and using it to forge unity among the various communities in Nigeria and the International community.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Awka, Anambra
- The Bursar is the Chief Finance Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- The person for this position must be of impeccable character. He/she should be trustworthy, have adequate leadership skills, and experience, integrity, high degree of competence, and dependability.
- He/she should not be more than sixty (60) years at the point of appointment.
- The applicant for this position should possess a good honours degree or its equivalent in Accountancy or Finance.
- The candidate should also possess ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, CACA, CIPA, ICPA or ANAN.
- A postgraduate degree in relevant area will be an added advantage.
- He/she must be computer literate and very conversant with accounting packages.
- The candidate is expected to have a minimum of eighteen (18) years post qualification experience most of which should be in Bursary operations in tertiary institutions(s)
- The person must have operated at the level of Deputy Bursar or its ,equivalent for at least three (3) years.
Condition of Service
The appointment shall be for a single tenure of five (5) years. Nnamdi Azikiwe University is a Federal University; therefore the salaries, conditions and perquisites of office applicable in Federal Universities shall apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) copies each of their letters of application, curriculum vitae and relevant credentials to:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
Meanwhile the Curriculum Vitae should contain:
- Full Names (Surname first),
- Date and Place of Birth,
- Marital Status,
- Number of Children (stating dates of birth),
- State of Origin,
- Contact and Permanent Home Address,
- Institutions attended and Qualifications obtained (with dates),
- Extra-Curricular activities and Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Note: Candidates should request their referees to forward reference letters on them under separate and confidential cover, direct to the Registrar to reach him in good time before the short-listing
Application Deadline 8th February, 2017.AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG