Administrative Officer at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial NGO/Non-Profit
Reports to: HR/Admin Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Admin Assistant and Office Assistant
Budget responsibility: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide administrative support to SC Programme Teams including: preparing meeting agendas, tracking actions and key dates and organising events, meetings/workshop logistics e.g. booking venue/room etc.
- Coordinate with Country Office for the issuance of visa letter.
- Responsible for all local flight bookings for Lagos Area Programme teams.
- Receives, sorts, and checks all travel routes and Communicates with SCI travellers to confirm itinerary details, e.g., routing destinations, travel dates, financial considerations, and other air travel related issues.
- Requests booking arrangements from various travel agents or airlines with respective offers from each. Liaises with external parties such as travel agents or airlines regarding bookings and schedules.
- Computes cost of air travel from each bidder and makes the appropriate decision to select the most economical routing.
- Plan, describes, arranges, explains and confirms itineraries to all travellers.
- Provides travellers with a soft copy or a printed copy of the final air travel ticket.
- Notifies and keeps travellers informed about all changes related to their itinerary and their air travel arrangements.
- Engage in Visa processing for staff/visitors by preparing Visa letters and providing visa information and processes to staff and Visitors.
- Send visitors PDI and other communications prior to their arrival.
- Make Hotel/Venue Bookings for the Lagos Area teams as delegated by the Line Manager, and provide feedback to the person requesting on progress.
- Liaise with the required facilities to find the best options available and ensure value for money
- Timely communicate to the requester through Email, the booking details
- Follow-up with involved parties e.g. visitor, Logistics, Area Operations Manager and Field Manager of the said location on travel arrangement at the destination.
- Receives invoices and compares them to the quoted prices. Takes necessary steps to correct mistakes if any exist. Forwards invoices to the HR/Admin Coordinator for necessary review for payment.
- Process payment, and payment requests for Airlines and Hotels as applicable
- Works with SCI travellers and other departments to resolve issues that may arise particularly related to itinerary changes and flight cancellations.
- Supervises the Admin assistant
- All official communication is copied to line manager and the relevant people.
- Process invoices and expense claims as required.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure stationery items and consumables are always available in the office.
- Documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the Office Assistant to ensure the office and the premises are kept tidy.
- Ensure monthly stock count of items in Admin store.
- Raise PR for items to be bought.
- Provide monthly report of Admin activities and submit same to the HR/Admin Coordinator.
- In conjunction with the Line Manager, ensure the office and its facilities are functioning properly.
The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, in order to assist the HR/Admin department by providing cover when the Front Desk Assistant or Administrative Coordinator is on leave or because of increased level of activities.
Internal: Regular liaison with the management teams in Lagos Area Office
External: Contact with travel agents/airlines, hotels, vendors and SC partners etc.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Administrative & General Skills
- Level of Education – BSc/HND in relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role preferably within the NGO sector
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Experience of dealing with diary management and travel arrangements
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented documents
- IT experience – Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children career website on savethechildrenng.simplicant.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG