Welcome to Biochemistry course guide in Nigeria. Here you will see the list of Universities that offer Biochemistry course in Nigeria and their admission requirements. You will also see their O’Level admission requirements, JAMB UTME requirements as well as Direct entry requirements and special considerations as seen on JAMB brochure for this year.
See the …
– The JAMB subject combinations for Biochemistry
– JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements for Biochemistry
– O’Level Subjects and Requirements for Biochemistry
– Direct Entry Requirements for Biochemistry
– and other information you require to successfully gain admission to study Biochemistry
NOTE: This course (Biochemistry) is also available for study in other faculties. If you were not looking to study Biochemistry under the Faculty of Sciences, please click the appropriate faculty below to see their proper requirements;
List of Universities that Offer Biochemistry in Nigeria
1. Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO)
2. Imo State University (IMSU)
3. University of Lagos (UNILAG)
4. University of Nigeria (UNN)
5. Abia State University (ABSU)
6. University of Benin (UNIBEN)
7. University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
8. Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
9. Ambrose Alli University (AAU)
10. Anambra State University (ANSU)
11. Ajayi Crowther University (AJAYI)
12. Babcock University (BABCOCK)
13. Bells University of Technology (BELLS)
14. Bayero University Kano (BUK)
15. Benson Idahosa University (BIU)
16. Bingham University (BINGHAM)
17. Bowen University (BU)
18. Caritas University (CARITAS)
19. Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH)
20. Delta State University (DELSU)
21. Enugu State University Of Science And Technology (ESUT)
22. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
23. Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA)
24. Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH)
25. Gombe State university (GOMSU)
26. Lagos State University (LASU)
27. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
28. Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
29. Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
30. Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
31. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
32. University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
33. Usman Dan Fodio University (UDUSOK)
34. Kaduna State university (KASU)
35. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB)
36. Madonna University (MADONNA)
37. Niger Delta University (NDU)
38. Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA)
39. kogi State University (KSU)
40. Kwara State University (KWASU)
41. Nasarawa State University (NSUK)
42. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture (MOUA)
43. Ekiti State University (EKSU)
44. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University (IBBU)
45. Crawford University (CRAWFORD)
46. Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU)
47. Covenant University (CU)
48. Federal University Of Agriculture Makurdi (FUAM)
49. Obong University (OU)
50. Redeemers University (RUN)
51. Umaru Musa Yaradua University (UMYU)
52. Western Delta University (WDU)
53. Renaissance University (RNU)
54. Crescent University (CRESCENT)
55. Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH)
56. Novena University (NOVENA)
57. Achievers University (ACHIEVERS)
58. Adeleke University (ADELEKE)
59. Afe Babalola University (ABUAD)
60. Al Hikmah University (AL-HIKMAH)
61. Bauchi State University (BASU)
62. Caleb University (CALEB)
63. Federal University Dutsinma (FUDMA)
64. Federal University Lafia (FUL)
65. Federal University Lokoja (FULOKOJA)
66. Federal University Ndufu Alike (FUNAI)
67. Federal University Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
68. Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE)
69. Federal University Wukari (FUWUKARI)
70. Fountain University (FOUNTAIN)
71. Godfrey Okoye University (GO)
72. Kano University Of Science And Technology (KUST)
73. Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology (KSUSTA)
74. Landmark University (LANDMARK)
75. Lead City University (LCU)
76. Oduduwa University (ODUDUWA)
77. Plateau State University (PLASU)
78. Rhema University (RHEMA)
79. Salem University (SALEM)
80. Samuel Adegboyega University (SAU)
81. Tansian University (TANSIAN)
82. University Of Mkar (UNIMKAR)
83. Wesley University Of Science And Technology (WUSTO)
84. Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State (NPA)
85. Federal University Gusau (FUGUS)
86. Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
87. Elizade University (ELIZADE)
88. Evangel University (EVANGEL)
89. McPherson University (MCU)
90. Chrisland University (CHRISLAND)
91. Federal University Gashua (FUGASHUA)
92. Gregory University, Uturu (GUU)
93. Hallmark University (HALLMARK)
94. Micheal and Cecilia Ibru University (MCIU)
95. Mountain Top University (MTU)
96. Northwest University, Kano (NWU)
97. SouthWestern University (SWU)
98. Kings University (UNIKINGS)
99. Sokoto State University (SSU)
FUTMINNA Offers the course with option in:
NSUK Offers the course as:
(i)Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
TAKE NOTE: There are other schools, where Biochemistry can also be studied. Please note however that it would NOT be under the Faculty of Sciences. Please click the appropriate faculty below to see their own requirements;
Subject Combination for Biochemistry / JAMB UTME Requirements
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Biochemistry under the Faculty of Sciences in the above Universities include;
» Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) AAU, EKSU and RSUST require Mathematics.
(2) OAU requires Chemistry, Mathematics and either Biology or Physics.
(3) UNILORIN does not accept Mathematics.
(4) SALEM, FUAM, OSUSTECH, EBSU, OSUSTECH, ABU and UNIBEN require Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
(5) BOWEN requires Chemistry and any two of Physics, Mathematics and Biology.
(6) AJAYI requires chemistry, Physics and Biology or Mathematics.
(7) BELLS does not require Biology in lieu of Mathematics.
(8) WESTERN-DEL requires Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
(9) FUTA requires Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Mathematics/Physics.
(10) KWASU requires Chemistry, Biology plus any one of Physics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics or Geography.
(11) CRESCENT and SAU require Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics.
(12) OSUSTECH requires Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
(13) UNIOSUN requires Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
O’level Requirements for Biochemistry
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Biochemistry;
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) FUTA requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes at a maximum of two sittings, which must include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science.
(2) OAU accepts Physics or Biology.
(3) ABSU requires a credit in Physics.
(4) EBSU, IMSU and ANSU accept a pass in ‘O’ level English Language.
(5) EBSU accepts Agric. Sci in lieu of Biology and a pass in Physics.
(6) NDU requires the five ‘O’ level credit passes in not more than two sittings.
(7) CRUTECH require credit pass in Physics as the fifth subject.
(8) AJAYI requires five (5) credit passes must include: English language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology at one sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two sittings
(9) UNIMAID accepts SSCE passes in English Language and Mathematics.
(10) Crescent accepts credit pass in Agric. Science in lieu of Biology.
(11) EBSU requires credits in Mathematics or Physics.
(12) BELLS requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Geography/Further Mathematics/ Agricultural Science.
(13) REDEEMER’S requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
(14) WESTERN-DEL requires five SSCE credit passes which must include Chemistry, English Language, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Physics.
(15) GODFREY accepts credit pass in any other Science subject in lieu of Physics.
(16) KWASU accepts credit passes in Further mathematics and Agricultural Science.
(17) RENAISSANCE requires the credit passes at not more than two sittings.
(18) FUAM – Candidates seeking admission into any of these Programmes must possess five (5) credit passes which MUST be from one examination body (i.e. either WAEC or NECO) and obtained at NOT more than two (2) sittings. The Department does not accept the combination of both WAEC and NECO. Students of FUAM Pre-degree Remedial Science Programme who pass their end of session examinations are considered or admission on the condition that they also pass UTME. NOTE: Agricultural Science and Health Science shall NOT be accepted in place of Biology. Further Mathematics shall NOT be accepted in place of Physics or Mathematics.
(19) SAU accepts credit pass in Technical Drawing, Agricultural Science or Geography in lieu of Physics
(20) UMYU requires five credit passes in not more than two sittings
Direct Entry Requirements for Biochemistry
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Biochemistry, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Chemistry, Mathematics Physics and Biology. NCE/ND/HND in related field plus UTME requirement.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) FUTA accepts ND at Upper Credit level in Relevant disciplines in addition to the ‘O’ level requirements.
(2) BINGHAM, MAUTECH and UNILORIN, FUTO require ‘A’ level in Chemistry and Biology.
(3) ANSU and RSUST accept a good ND (credit) in related fields.
(4) FUTMINNA, ANSU and UDUSOK accept ND/HND with at least lower credit plus four ‘O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects.
(5) BABCOCK, KSU, UNIPORT, ABSU and IMSU No Direct Entry
(6) UNIBEN does not accept Mathematics at ‘A’ level. In addition to UTME requirements accepts:
a) ND (Upper credit) / HND (Lower credit) in Food Technology or Science Laboratory Technology.
b) NCE (credit) in Biology or Chemistry.
(7) MOUAU requires A’ level Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology.
(8) OOU accepts ND/HND in relevant subjects plus UTME requirements.
(9) EKSU – a minimum of ND (Upper Credit) from recognised institution.
(10) BIU and accept ND and NCE in relevant fields.
(11) AAU accepts 1st degree and 5 ‘O’ level credits in relevant subjects for Direct Entry”.
(12) UNN accepts ‘A’ level/HSC at Principal level in Chemistry, Biology (Botany or Zoology) and Physics plus UTME requirement and Degree in relevant fields.
(13) AJAYI accepts two ‘A’ level passes (or equivalents) in Chemistry and Biology including the requirements in UTME.
(14) EBSU requires three A’ level passes in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics.
(15) CRESCENT accepts:
a) at least two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics or Biology or
b) IJMB at acceptable grades.
c) NCE, ND, HND and approved equivalent with at least lower credit may be admitted to the appropriate level.
(16) ANSU accepts ND/HND lower credit in Food Science Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biogenetic Engineering or its equivalent.
(17) FUTO requires at least two ‘A’ Level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and Biology. It accepts ND/HND (Upper Credit) in relevant fields. Candidates must in addition meet the UTME ‘O’ Level requirements. It does not accept First Degree and NCE.
(18) BOWEN accepts ‘A’ Level /IJMB/NCE/ND or approved equivalent in Chemistry and either Mathematics or Physics.
(19) BIU requires in addition to the O’ level requirements specified, a minimum of two relevant subjects passed at GCE Advanced level or NCE (3 merits) or National Diploma in relevant field not below credit level.
(20) WUSTO accepts two “A” level passes in Chemistry and any one of Biology, Physics and Mathematics.
(21) UNIOSUN also accepts ‘A’ level pass in Botany, ND and approved equivalents (Lower credit).
(22) CRAWFORD accepts ND (upper credit) or HND in relevant courses is acceptable. O/L credit in either Physics or Mathematics in addition to ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology is acceptable.
(23) EBSU accepts three ‘A’ level passes in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
(24) BELLS accepts:
a) Two A’ level passes chosen from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
b) ND/HND in related field plus UTME requirement.
(25) WESTERN-DEL accepts:
a) Two ‘A’ level passes obtained at one sitting from Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics in Addition to O’ Level requirements (credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
b) ND (Upper Credit) in relevant discipline (Food Chemistry, Brewing Science, Food Technology, Science Laboratory Technology) in addition to O’ Level requirements.HND Biology or Chemistry.
(26) JABU requires Chemistry and any other one from Biology, Physics and Mathematics.
(27) RHEMA accepts National Diploma in Chemistry, Food Science and Technology or NCE in Biology/Chemistry.
(28) KWASU accepts:
a) Two G.C.E. A/L or its equivalent, one of which must be in relevant field.
b) ND with minimum of upper credit in relevant subject;
c) HND with lower credit in the relevant field.
(29) OSUSTECH accepts:
a) Two A’ level passes in Chemistry Biology or Physics.
b) National Diploma (ND) with Distinction and Credit passes in relevant subjects.
(30) FUAM requires ‘A’ Level GCE passes in Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics MUST be obtained. NCE, ND, and HND graduates in Science/ Technology with credit level passes in the relevant subjects must be considered in addition to UTME requirements.
(31) UNAAB accepts:
a) ND (Upper Credit) in Analytical and Industrial Chemistry, Science Laboratory Technology or related fields.
b) NCE (Credit) in Biology or Chemistry.
c) Two A’ level credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Botany/ Zoology, Physics and Mathematics.
(32) MCPHERSON accepts ND (upper credit) or HND( lower credit) in relevant courses is acceptable. O/L credit in either Physics or Mathematics in addition to ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology is acceptable.
(33) CALEB accepts ND at Credit level in Science Laboratory Technology or Sciences related studies may be considered for admission by direct entry provided they have the UME subjects at one sitting.
(34) UMYU accepts Candidates with GCE ‘A’ level, IJMB, with a minimum of 9 points. A level Candidates must have Chemistry. NCE candidates must have Chemistry and Biology.
(35) SOUTHWESTERN accepts:
a) NCE (credit) in Biology or Chemistry. A’ level Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology.
b) Accepts merit in ND (upper credit) or HND in relevant courses is acceptable. O/L credit in either Physics or Mathematics in addition to ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology is acceptable.
(36) UNILAG accepts:
a) Very good passes in the following three JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
b) Candidates must satisfy O/Level requirements.
Buy Complete JAMB Past Questions and Answers and Start reading for your exam.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG