Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and will be launching operations in Nigeria in September 2015, with India to follow in 2016.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field Building and Construction
Construction at Bridge
Our Development group (real estate, legal, physical planning, construction) owns the life cycle of academy expansion, from identifying potential land deals in our communities through to constructing academies, sometimes several dozen at a time. The construction team is responsible for building on greenfield sites and renovating existing sites to Bridge’s spec for academies.
About the role
Your role is to provide architectural support to the team. We expect that you will be detail-oriented, responsive, and eager to move quickly and accurately to ensure that timelines are met.
What you will do
- Carrying out detailed initial site survey including site analysis
- Carrying out architectural designs including site planning, schemes, and detailed design
- Preparing preliminary, schematic and detailed architectural drawings
- Measuring existing facilities and preparing measured drawings
- Preparing, maintaining and updating detailed schedules of completed facilities
- Construction work supervision and audit
What you should have
- Degree in architecture; specialist knowledge of ArchiCAD requiredExperience doing site measurements, architectural design and drawing, and site work supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible to changing conditions
Interested in this position, apply online on Omidyar jobsDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG