Career Opportunities at Andela
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
Guest Relations and Events Coordinator
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial Logistics
About the Guest Relations and Events Coordinator Role:
We are looking for a Guest Relations and Events Coordinator who will be a positive self-starter and has excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills, with an interest in the technology/software industry. The events coordinator will manage both internal and external events and will be the frontline officer to all visitors, clients and staff at Andela. The role will involve providing Andela high profile clients with superior customer service thereby creating a memorable and genuine experience while also promoting the company.
- Coordinate, supervise and manage activities associated with high-profile guest visits to Lagos Office and actively build awareness of the Andela brand
- Coordinate logistics for Andela Events and provide on site support when needed
- Liaise with Partners as required
- Manage special event planning and coordination, menu planning, and overall budgeting for events
- Manage Lagos Visitors (Non-Andela) and Events Calendar
- Engage with and inform all internal stakeholders involved in events and visits as required to ensure that all events and visits meets Andela’s quality standards
- Ensure that Andela’s brand is well represented in all communications regarding events and visits.
- Interact with employees/guests/clients and ensure they feel welcome upon their arrival at Andela
- Coordinate and supervise activities for employees/guests/clients and be able to attend to queries, needs and requests
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery to guests/clients
- Handling guest/client mails and messages, and answering telephone calls
- Communicate quarterly schedule of guests/client visits and events to employees of Andela
- Liaise with Media and Design team in creating communication pieces to announce high profile guest/client visits to Andela
- Schedule meetings and update google calendar with events taking place at Andela
- Ensure the Andela safety, security and loss control policies and procedures are complied with at all times
- Be aware of Andela’s fire and emergency procedure
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Hold a University degree/Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or Business related fields
- Must have good knowledge of MS Excel, Google Apps , Dropbox and other Office tools Skills
- Have prior experience in a start-up/fast growing organization
- Are outgoing and have a cheerful personality
- Have a service oriented mindset and drive
- Have excellent problem resolution skills along with outstanding communication and listening skills
- Must be familiar with industry’s latest trends
- Have sound decision making skills
- Have proficiency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset
- Have excellent telephone manners
- Must be an all around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Medical coverage
- Breakfast and Lunch provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial Real Estate
About the Role:
Andela is seeking a Facilities Consultant whose primary role will be to effectively manage all Andela’s functioning infrastructure, operational services and processes in a way that will provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience in providing best business practices to manage resources, services and processes, while improving efficiency, reducing operating costs and most importantly increasing productivity.
Facilitate the day-to-day operations of all Andela facilities in Lagos; including newly added facilities in future. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- To lead supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that service level agreements have been agreed with the relevant business owner (s). This will include Health and Safety issues, Sustainability as well as penalty payments for non-compliance and service delivery
- Vendor procurement selection and contract management including supervision, scheduling, and coordination; checking that agreed work has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Direct, coordinate, and plan essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Develop and track monthly spending budgets and prepare reports detailing budgeted amounts versus actual spent; Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services; including ensuring that we get best value for money.
- Plan for the most efficient allocation and utilization of space and resources for organizing the building and training premises
- Plan real estate acquisition and disposition.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise; Troubleshoot operational, building maintenance, and health and security issues, address employee concerns as related to these areas, and elevate issues to the Deputy Director of Operations, as appropriate
- Communicate and carry out workplace and living space policies in relation to facility usage; ensure patrons adhere to policies and guidelines for conduct
- Oversee cleaning staff to ensure maintenance and orderliness of all working and living spaces at Andela’s facilities
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the generator and contact the appropriate technicians to resolve power outages and malfunctions, as appropriate
- Assist technical staff in ensuring internet systems are functional and working, as needed
- Provide admin support as required by the Deputy Director of Operations
- Continual Collaboration with various teams e.g. Operations, Finance, success, recruitment etc, to ensure that facilities match up to needs both present and planned. Where deficiencies are noted, to lead the effort in ensuring we have solutions in place.
- Hold a University degree/Higher Diploma in Facilities Management or Business related courses.
- Have prior experience in managing facilities.
- Have a strong background in Vendor relation management, business operations and Infrastructure maintenance.
- Prior experience in a start-up/fast growing organization is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and other MS office tools
- Technically competent, with excellent problem solving, analytical, IT and managerial skills
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Procurement and negotiation skills
- Focused on results
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
- Time management skills
- Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents
- Team work skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- Commitment to team success
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Guest Relations and Events Coordinator
- Facilities Consultant
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG