Career Opportunity at Glaxosmithkline
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
Procurement Site Liasion Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience6 years
- Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Requisition ID: WD92966
Functional area: Procurement
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
- Production procurement supports the commercial ambitions of gsk by providing procurement services to gms for production materials and site indirects. The key mechanisms for this delivery are the sourcing and selection of suppliers, supplier relationship management, and risk mitigation.
- The site liaison manager (slm) is responsible for partnering with the site to ensure its priorities and business requirements are understood, and for delivering a high level of customer service and support.
- The success of the shared service model relies on the relationship between the service provider and customer to deliver the service to meet agreed business requirements. This role will require high level influencing and teamwork/customer focus.
- Serve as the ambassador for production procurement and represent procurement to the site leadership team
- Delivery of site procurement plan and savings targets
- Alignment of production procurement activities with site priorities
- Resolution of procurement-owned supply issues and communication of root cause and corrective actions to site
- Deliver excellent customer service, and maintain a high level of visibility and performance with site stakeholders
- Serve as the main procurement point of contact for the site, and primary site contact for procurement
- Develop monthly site le and review financials with slt; track actuals & address discrepancies
- Lead and coordinate procurement strategy events and procurement cogs reviews at site
- Ownership and management of site riskpacks and ownership of supply risks identified on the site risk management system
- Site business requirements communicated to commodity managers and addressed in sourcing strategies
- Manage and influence key business and procurement stakeholders
- Identify and drive savings opportunities
- Update site on procurement initiatives, planned projects, changes to category responsibility, etc.
- Drive and monitor implementation of procurement activities (e.g., projects, strategy implementation) at site, and update site on the status of key projects and supplier changes
- Support site working capital initiatives; identify and lead opportunities to reduce inventory costs
- Ensure site compliance to issue escalation process. Escalate 2nd touch supply issues, as needed
- Communicate key site information (e.g., site strategies & priorities, budgets, financial targets) to commodity teams
- Support site finance with annual budgeting and standard setting processes
- Input in to project investment proposals, as required
- Assess contract coverage for key materials and services and highlight risks with commodity managers and site
- Assist site with material costs for new products (contract manufacturing, product transfers & product line extensions); work with commodity teams to establish supply chains
- Advise site staff on relevant procurement policies, ways of working and responsibilities. Conduct training, on procurement policies, as required
- Support key supplier relationship management
- Share and implement best practice across the slm community
- Support data accuracy within site systems
- High Degree of complexity coordinating support from multiple commodity teams and working within a matrix organization
- Managing relationships with other procurement staff remotely
- Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on gsk revenue stream
- Understanding different perspectives and satisfying the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, both within production procurement and the site
- Managing interfaces between procurement and the site
- Balancing the expectations of both procurement and site stakeholders
- Adapting and responding to regularly changing business requirements
- Balancing both strategic and operational requirements.
- At least 6 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelors Degree at the minimum in related area
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GlaxoSmithKline career website on careers.peopleclick.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG