Country Director Job at Wildlife Conservation Society
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), founded in 1895, saves wildlife and wild places worldwide through science, conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature. To achieve our mission, WCS, based at the Bronx Zoo, harnesses the power of its Global Conservation Program in nearly 60 nations and in all the world’s oceans and its five wildlife parks in New York City, visited by 4 million people annually.
Nigeria Country Director
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Job Type Global Conservation Full-Time
Department GLOBAL CONSERVATION
Job Description Nigeria Country Director
Anticipated Start Date June 1, 2017
Based : Abuja, Nigeria with frequent travel to field sites in Nigeria.
Reports to: WCS Regional Director, Sudano-Sahel Region
The WCS Nigeria Country Director is tasked with the responsibility of effectively leading and managing the WCS Nigeria Country Program. The primary focus of the Country Program at this time is to achieve conservation and protected area management objectives through the Cross River Gorilla landscape project and the Yankari Game Reserve project. The Country program director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of management of WCS programs in Nigeria and for identification and assessment of additional opportunities as they arise. The Nigeria Program is managed within WCS’s Sudano-Sahel Region.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Lead the WCS country program in Nigeria in consultation with the Regional Director, Sudano-Sahel Region and the Africa Program team based in New York.
- Act as legal representative of WCS in Nigeria, working in consultation with the Regional Director and with the WCS Office of General Counsel.
- Act as WCS representative in Nigeria with all government partners including the Nigeria government and bilateral donors/agencies, media, internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee development and implementation of the WCS Nigeria strategy in consultation with the Regional Director and in synergy with transboundary and Sudano-Sahel strategies.
- Prepare and implement WCS Nigeria Country Program work plans and associated budgets, and approve related project workplans and budgets.
- Ensure line management of WCS Nigeria project leaders and senior staff operating in the country.
- Fundraise from public and private sources for the Nigeria Program in collaboration with other WCS fundraising teams (e.g. Sudano-Sahel Region, Africa Program, Program Development, Global Resources).
- Prepare annual country reports and oversee preparation of reports on projects and for donors, and evaluate on a regular basis progress against strategies and workplans.
- Collaborate with other WCS initiatives including but not limited to the WCS Marine Program, Species Program, and Conservation Solutions team
Method of Application
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by emailing an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2017. Please include “Nigeria Country Director” in the subject line of your email. Candidates must also apply online via the WCS career portal by searching job title at: http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Interested and qualified? Go to Wildlife Conservation Society career website on sjobs.brassring.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG