Have you ever wanted to become an accountant in the future? If yes, read the Accountancy/Accounting Course Guide in Nigeria . Here you will fine the List of Schools that offer Accountancy/Accounting under the Faculty of Administration in Nigeria.
Universities that Offer Accountancy/Accounting in Nigeria
Accountancy/Accounting can be studied under the Faculty of Administration in the following Nigerian Institutions;
- Imo State University (IMSU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Abia State University (ABSU)
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- Anambra State University (ANSU)
- Benson Idahosa University (BIU)
- Benue State University (BSU)
- Caritas University (CARITAS)
- Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH)
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology (ESUT)
- Igbinedion University (IUO)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Usman Dan Fodio University (UDUSOK)
- Madonna University (MADONNA)
- Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA)
- Nasarawa State University (NSUK)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM)
- Western Delta University (WDU)
- Bauchi State University (BASU)
- Federal University, Dutsin-ma (FUDMA)
- Federal University, Kashere (FUK)
- Federal University, Wukari (FUWUKARI)
- Kwararafa University (KWARARAFA)
- Lead City University (LCU)
- Plateau State University (PLASU)
- University Of Mkar (UNIMKAR)
- Wellspring University (WELLSPRING)
- Elizade University (ELIZADE)
- Evangel University (EVANGEL)
- McPherson University (MCU)
Accountancy/Accounting Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements
In JAMB-UTME, please note that Use of English is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the four (4) JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Accountancy/Accounting under the Faculty of Administration in the above institutions include;
» Mathematics, Economics plus any Social Science subject.
A typical combination is Use of English, Mathematics, Economics and Government.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) OAU requires Principle of Account not Commerce
(2) BSU requires Economics.
(3) UNICAL and IGBINEDION accept Commerce in lieu of Economics.
(4) UNICAL does not accept CRK.
(5) OOU does not insist on Economics.
(6) UNILAG accepts Economics, Mathematics and any Science, Social Science or Arts subject.
(7) AUN requires Mathematics, plus any other subjects from the following; Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, Environmental Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French.
(8)EVANGEL accepts Principles of Accounts in lieu of Mathematics.
O’level Requirements for Accountancy/Accounting
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Accountancy/Accounting;
Five SSCE credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two relevant subjects.
For NBC holders, the other two relevant subjects could be from any of Accounting, Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Secretarial Duties.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) UNIUYO requires credit in Economics.
(2) UNIPORT does not accept commercial subjects except Financial Accounting or Business.
(3) UNILAG requires five ‘O’ level credits to include English language, Mathematics, Economics and any other Science, Social Science or Arts subject.
(4) UNIPORT does not accept Office Practice and Secretarial Studies.
(5) BIU accepts credit/merit in English language and Mathematics at TC II as ‘O’/level equivalent.
(6) OOU requires ‘O’ level credits in any 3 of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Government and Geography. IRK/CRK, Yoruba and History.
(7) PLASU and UNICAL accept Commerce in place of Economics.
(8) AUN requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, and any other three subjects from the following; Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, Environmental Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French. AUN does not accept credit passes in the following; Agriculture, Food and Nutrition, Home Economics, Home Craft, Home management, Physical Education, Physical and Health Education, Music, Commerce, Accounting, Financial Accounting, Book keeping, Islamic History, Religious Studies, Tajweed, Library Studies, Diction, Kiswahili, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Arabic, Turkish, Study skills.
(9) UNN requires Five O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics Economics and any other two relevant subjects. For NBC holders, the other two relevant subjects could be from any of Accounting, Principles of Accounts,Commerce, Office Practice and Secretarial Duties.
(10) EVANGEL- Economics is not compulsory but accepts any three relevant subjects.
(11) UNIJOS in addition to the UTME requirements requires two credit passes in any of Business Studies, Commerce, Government, Principle of Accounts, Geography and Biology.
Direct Entry Requirements for Accountancy/Accounting
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Accountancy/Accounting, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Government and Geography.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) ABU accepts
(a) NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects.
(b) Two ‘A’ level passes in Accounting or Economics and any one other subject.
(c) Foundation of professional examination such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA.
(2) ANSU accepts ND/HND LOWER CREDIT or equivalent in relevant disciplines.
(3) BIU, ADSU, UNIZIK, ABSU, MADONNA and ANSU accept ND/NCE in the relevant fields. UNIZIK and ABSU also accept HND. UNIZIK and ANSU accept ND/HND with at least a lower credit pass.
(4) RSUST accepts holders of the following qualifications for year II:-
(a) ND (Upper) in relevant fields or a Degree/HND not relevant to the field for admissions to 200 level;
(b) A Degree/HND relevant to the field for admissions to 300 level;
(5) IMSU and UNIPORT – No Direct Entry.
(6) MOUAU, ABSU and DELSU accept holders of the following qualifications:-
(a) Complete pass in the Intermediate ICAN Examination or equivalents; and
(b) Pass in final exams of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries (except UNIUYO and DELSU) plus UTME requirements.
(7) EKSU, DELSU & UNIUYO accepts ND/HND in relevant fields not below Upper Credit level. (UNICAL accepts HND at lower credit level plus UTME requirements. In addition, EKSU insists on ‘A’ level passes in Econs but does not accepts IJMB
(8) UNIZIK does not accept Government or Geography. All Direct Entry candidates must satisfy UTME requirements.
(9) OAU accepts
(a) Candidates with National Diploma (ND) in Accounting with minimum of Upper Credit
(b) Advanced Level passes in Economics, Accounting, Business Management, plus Government and Geography or ICAN/ATS I, II and III.
(10) UNIZIK and OOU require at least two ‘A’ level passes to include Accounting (or Economics for UNIZIK). UNIZIK and ESUTECH require that Direct Entry applicants possess UTME requirements.
(11) UNN accepts in addition to UTME requirement:
(a) HND/ND/NCE in relevant fields
(b) Complete pass in Intermediate ICAN examination or equivalents.
(c) Pass in final exams of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries.
(12) EBSU accepts:
a) NCE/ND with passes at Merit level in relevant fields;
b) AAT, Intermediate ACCA or ICAN or ATS final certificate provided such candidate possesses O’ level credit passes in English Language, Economics and Mathematics.
(13) BIU accept:
a) ND at credit level.
b) A/L passes in Accounting, Economics, Mathematics and Business Management.
(14) UDUSOK accepts:
(a) Credit in Accounts in lieu of Economics
(b) ND in relevant field not below lower credit
(c) NCE (Business Education).
(15) IGBINEDION accepts ND (Credit) in related fields.
(16) NDU – No Direct Entry.
(17) BSU accepts ND/NCE (lower credit/Merit level) plus five ‘O’ level requirements to include Economics at one sitting.
(18) OAU accepts ND in Accounting with minimum of upper credit. ICAN/ACCA examination at professional level or ATS (Stage III) examination of ICAN
(19) UNIABUJA accepts ‘A’ level pass in Geology.
(20) NSUK accepts ND/HND in relevant field not below lower credit; IJMB in relevant subject not below 10 point; NCE in Business Education
(21) UNIUYO accepts ND/HND in relevant fields. All Direct Entry candidates must satisfy UTME requirement.
(22) AUN accepts:
(a) ‘A’ level passes chosen from English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, Environmental Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French.
(23) UNIUYO accepts ND/HND un relevant fields not below lower credit level. All Direct Entry candidates must satisfy UTME requirement.
(24) WELLSPRING accepts NCE, ND, HND, IJMB, NABTEB A/L at merit/lower credit from recognized institutions, as well as foundation/intermediate passes at ICAN, ACCA, & ICMA.
(25) EVANGEL accepts two A’ level passes to include Economics or ND/NCE in addition to UTME requirements.
(26) FUAM accepts:
a) Candidates should posses at least two GCE (A’ level) passes or its equivalent in any of the following subject: Economics, Principles of Accounts, Marketing, Business Management, Geography, Government and Commerce plus UTME requirements.
b) Candidates with National Diploma at upper credit in relevant field shall be considered for Direct Entry into year two (2) provided they satisfy the 0’level requirements.
c) Candidates with HND upper credit can be admitted into year three (3) and those with lower credit can be admitted into year 2 provided they satisfy the 0’level requirements.
(27) MCPHERSON accepts NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects, Foundation of professional examinations such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA or ND/ND Upper Credit in relevant field.
(28) EBSU accepts
(a) HND, NCE/ND with passes at Merit level in relevant fields.
(b) AAT, Intermediate ACCA or ICAN or ATS final certificate provided such candidate possesses ‘O’ level credit in English Language, Economics and Mathematics. ND must be in Upper credit level.
(29) UNIJOS accepts:
a) passes at IJMB in at least two subject one which must be in Accounting, Economics or Business Management.
b) ND upper credit in Financial studies.
(30) ESUTECH accepts ND in relevant discipline within the Faculty in to 200 level in addition to UTME requirements.
(31) UNILAG accepts Very good passes in three (3) JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Economics and any other two (2) subjects from Accounting, Business Studies/Management, Government and Geography.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG