Exciting Marketing Vacancy at Uber
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We’re a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Business Development
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about bringing UberLOVE to our users, building the best partnerships in Nigeria, and we’re looking for a Marketing Manager to dominate marketing efforts for our team.
- Skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Born to network and negotiate. If there’s a major event in town, you know about it and know how to get in and build out your contact list. You’re a people person with persuasive communication skills. You possess the ability to interact and shoot straight with executives and to provide advice and guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- A utility player. You’re ready to hit the ground running with an all-star team. You’ll contribute to every department and help solve any problem. “Not in my job description” is not in your vocabulary.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional English and Arabic writing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to generate user signups and promote the brand.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
You’ll be tasked with growing brand awareness in the region, marketing Uber in the most efficient and engaging way possible, and interacting with our users as the voice of Uber. You’ll have great opportunities to develop & foster various skill sets:
- Execute strategic partnerships with local entities and events
- Monitor Twitter, Facebook & other relevant sites and actively participate in discussions across communities, social networks & blogs.
- Find the transportation pulse of the city and identify new ways to get the Uber experience in front of new users.
- Spread the UberLOVE through creating exciting blog & social web content.
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns.
- Identify and engage community advocates who are equally passionate about exploring your city and being saved from the depressing alternatives.
- Marketing, sales or business development experience preferred but not required.
- Solid writing background; experience blogging and/or editing (grammar buffs wanted).
- Proficiency in English (Both verbal and written)
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WordPress, etc.) a plus.
- Influencer amongst your friends and community.
You have to be ready to hustle; this is no nine to five! Uber is where your hard work drives immediate impact to our business! You must be excited to get your hands dirty and help grow Uber in Nigeria. Are you up for the challenge?
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Uber career website on www.uber.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG