Exeutive Vacancy at the Kwara State Ministry of Works and Transport
The Kwara State Ministry of Works and Transport, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Executive Director of Business, Finance & Administration
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience15 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reports To: The Board
Contract Term: 4 Years (renewable)
About the Role
The Executive Director of Business, Finance and Administration is a hands-on position that requires both management and leadership skills and day to day operational execution. It is split into three (3) main roles:
- Business Development – S/he is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the sales and marketing activities of IAC.
- Finance – S/He is responsible for maintaining accurate records including the production of monthly financial reports, internal audit systems budgets, programme budget and, and ongoing maintenance of an adequate financial system that supports the deliverables of the IAC.
- Administration – Internally, S/He will be the primary support to the Board in driving the synergy and congruence the Executive Management, Board, and the larger IAC organization.
- S/He also has major operational responsibilities related to the management, contract solicitation and registration, and contract management.
- MBA/MA/Msc that combined training economics, finance, human resources management, organizational behavior
- Be a member of the ICAN/ACCA or related certification
- CFA/CPA/A/CMAor related certification
- At least 15 years in audit, legal, corporate and regulatory affairs roles.
- 8 – 10 years of this experience must be in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above.
- Working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; engaging with reconciliation and audit personnel when necessary
- Application of expertise in management accounting, financial accounting auditing and controls risk management, and business process review to manage a large and/or high value financial institution.
- Demonstrable leadership of robust compliance and operational risk management programes that included oversight monitoring, testing, risk assessment, and reporting efforts.
- Responsibility and performance with regards to remedial compliance action including design,
- implementation, and progress tracking of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and compliance deliverables are met.
- Past work that required logistics and asset/inventory utilization and maximization for a wide group of near and far users.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages, e.g Word, Access, Excel, Power Point.
- MBA/MA/Msc that combined training in economics, finance, human resources management, organizational behavior, and law.
- Formal managerial leadership training with focus on stake holder engagement and negotiations.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills required. The ability to manage multiple priorities, take initiative, delegate responsibility, prioritize and ensure the delivery of on- time deliverables is key.
- Able to manage the accounting system, and the day to day tasks associated with entering payables, receivables, and reconciling the books while also managing a diverse portfolio of administrative responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of the international audit and financial standards, including IPSAS, IFRS, hA.
- Clear understanding of both motivations and requirements of key players that will impact lAS
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- High level of digital literacy and familiarity with database management systems;
- Proven ability to work under pressure, ensure coherence and consistency, independently, and meet deadlines consistently
- Sound knowledge of Government policy and practice impact on financial and contractual
- Stakeholder and cross-functional team management.
- High ethical standards and fiduciary duty. The incumbent will view and possess significant confidential information regarding all aspects of IAC finances. High levels of discretion, integrity and judgment are required.
- Keen analytic, organizational and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Knowledge of the political environment and decision making factors, but courage to maintain objectivity and stay on track by managing up
- Personal credibility and integrity
- Self-confidence and respect for others, regardless of position, and willingness to work as a team member/ leaders
- Ability to articulate positions concisely and quickly, in a manner that is useful and easily understood by all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective leader in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Executive leadership and ability to see and handle all the sides of an issue or project.
- Strong and pragmatic business acumen with the ability to recognize the business consequences of legal and vice versa.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
Method of Application
Applicants should send 15 copies of their applications and CV’s to:
The Office of the Honourable Commissioner,
Ministry of Works and Transport,
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG