International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
Research Technician I
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Location Oyo
- Job Field Agriculture/Agro-Allied
Reference: Ref. IITA-HR-NRS2016-026A
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assists in fishing and preparing nematodes for culturing;
- Assists in nematodes counting and identification;
- Assist in nematodes culturing;
- Actively participate in field layout, planting and sample collection;
- Assist in all laboratory research activities;
- Assist in keep an up-to-date record of laboratory samples and extraction;
- Assist in data collection and entry;
- Assist in supervision of casual workers;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- OND in General Agriculture preferably Crop protection, Crop production or related field.
- At least two (2) years relevant experience in a similar role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be organized and patience to attention.
- Have good time management skills.
- Have basic training in laboratory activities.
- Be dependable takes initiative and ready to accept responsibilities.
- Have good critical and interpersonal skills.
- Have driving skills
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG