Job Openings at Federal Medical Centre, Owerri
Federal Medical Centre, Owerri – We are committed to being a versatile team spirited hospital system which sustains efficient, high quality, affordable, specialized services further enhanced through Research and Human Resource development.
Head of Administration/Assistant Director
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience20 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Successful candidates shall be:
- Responsible to the Medical Directors for the day to day general administration of the Hospital;
- The Chief Administrative adviser to the Medical Director on general administrative matters:
- Taking charge of the administrative department;
- Participating information, execution and review of policies as directed by the Medical Director / or the Board:
- Coordinating the activities of support departments in the Hospital;
- Secretary to the Board of Management;
- Conduct the correspondence of the Bo4and keep the records of the Hospital;
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Medical Director, as the case may from time to time assign to him/her
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree in any of the discipline of Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized University or its equivalent;
- Candidates must have had at least twenty (20) years post qualification experience;
- Possession of Masters Degree or any other relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualifications in Hospital Management or any of the disciplines specified in the first bullet point above would be an added advantage.
Tenure of Office
The Head of Administration/Assistant Director shall hold the office provided he/she does not attain the mandatory retirement age of sixty (60) years or thirty -five (35) years of service (whichever is earlier) and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment of policy circular as may be issued from time to time.
CONHESS 13/1 – Other allowance are as applicable to that obtainable in other similar Health institution in the country.
go to method of application »
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA PhD/Fellowship
- Experience12 years
- Job FieldMedical / Health
- The Medical Director will be the Head/ Chief Executive of the Institution
- He/she will be accountable to Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health;
- The Medical Director will be charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and other matters affecting the day to day management of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the following:
- Candidates must be Dental and Medical practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and not less than Twelve years post Graduation;
- Candidates must be a Fellow of either the National or West African Post Graduate Medical College or its equivalents, registrable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must have been Fellows for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity.
- Clinical experience/Medical research maybe additional advantage;
- Administrative experience, preferably in a tertiary Hospital setting may be an added advantage
- Knowledge of computer operation and communication Technology is an added advantage.
Tenure of Office
The appointment is for an initial tenure of Four (4) years in the first instance which may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance at the discretion of the President for another term of Four (4) years.
Salary and Allowances
The salary and allowances shall be in accordance with the Public Service Salary structure for this category of officers.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit 15 copies of application along with photocopies of their credentials and detailed CV highlighting the following:
- Full Name.
- Place and date of birth.
- Home address.
- Contact address.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children (if any).
- Institution attended with dates.
- Academic qualifications obtained with date.
- Working experience.
- Present employment indicating present status and salary.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Referees (3).
The application and attachment should be in a sealed envelope and marked “post of the Head of Admin/Asst. Director FMC” on the left hand corner address to:
The Medical Director,
Federal Medical Centre, Owerri,
Note: Candidates are to request their referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Medical Director.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG