Job Openings at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC)responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since October 2012, the IRC has been responding to humanitarian needs of Nigerians. The IRC initially intervened in response to floods that affected over 7 million people across the country, destroying harvest and damaging homes. The IRC is currently implementing programs in Health, Protection, WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, and Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) in Adamawa and Borno States in North-Eastern Nigeria.
The IRC is dedicated to making women and adolescent girls healthier from the earliest phase of acute crises (a target group most vulnerable during crisis) and implements evidence-based reproductive health interventions in line with the SPHERE-standard Minimum Initial Service Package for Reproductive Health in Crises (MISP). The goal is to ensure that the IRC’s health responses in emergencies include the core package of Reproductive Health (RH) services in its interventions.
The IRC’s Reproductive Health (RH) program is currently implementing (MISP) for RH in 4 health care centers in MMC and Jere LGAs and 1 IDP camp clinic. In addition the program is starting up an emergency mobile programming outside of these areas of Maiduguri in coordination with the WPE team. The focus of this program is to provide quality comprehensive RH and WPE services to conflict-affected women and girls in a timely manner. In addition to the mobile program, the WPE and RH joint mobile teams will be in charge of rapid assessments and rapid response. The mobile teams will be focused in the newly opened LGAs and emergency areas previously inaccessible due to conflict and insecurity. These teams will provide life-saving services to populations outside of Maiduguri, who have not had access to services in approximately 3 years.
- Open Jobs
- Emergency Reproductive Health Sr. Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Assistant Finance Controller
- Method of Application
Emergency Reproductive Health Sr. Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldMedical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Emergency Reproductive Health (RH) Senior Manager is the focal point for the IRC’s Emergency Reproductive Health care services in Borno State. The Emergency RH Senior Manager ensures that the IRC’s emergency RH interventions in Maiduguri and other LGAs are guided by the MISP (Minimum Initial Service Package for RH in Crisis Situations). He/she reports to the Health Coordinator and works closely with the Health and Nutrition Manager and supporting the WPE Senior Manager in those program sites outside of Maiduguri where he/she will be working jointly with the WPE program teams.
Under the supervision of the Health Coordinator, the Emergency RH Manager is responsible for:
- Oversee the implementation of quality RH program activities at all IRC supported health facilities in the targeted areas
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance to staff and local partners to ensure programming meets best practice standards and prioritizes the security of beneficiaries and staff;
- Design and lead assessments to ensure the voices of women and girls inform RH program design
- Support proper RH data collection and recording in the IRC supported RH units and women centers, support the compilation of data and generation of quality RH reports on a regular and timely manner;
- Develop protocols on information management in insecure environments
- Support the RH teams to develop awareness raising messages to promote uptake of emergency RH response services in a timely manner
- Promote coordination with the WPE team and ensure RH is incorporated into mobile response
- Prepare the RH mobile team members to respond quickly to emerging crises and newly accessible areas.
- Promote a culture of learning whereby lessons-learned and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory.
Business Development and Grant Management
- Lead the development of proposals as needed;
- Review monthly BvAs and submit monthly BvA corrections;
- Prepare and keep updated budget spent out plans in order to maintain program expenditure within budget;
- Participate in Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings;
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as required;
- Assure appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals, grant reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
- Recruit program staff to positions as per the program demand;
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, orient new staff to the IRC and the program;
- Undertake RH capacity-development activities/training for RH and clinical health staff.
Coordination and Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders – including community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organisations and other IRC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination;
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate;
- Represent the IRC in coordination mechanisms and meetings with other agencies, including the Ministry of Health, WHO, UNFPA and other UN agencies, non-governmental organizations, or donors.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the development and oversee implementation of strong monitoring and evaluation systems. Lead the preparation of reports to the Supervisor and donors;
- Provide trend analysis on areas where there is programming in order to improve services and advocacy for Target group/women and girls.
- Health professional (MD, RN, PA or CO) with strong public health background, MPH preferred;
- 3 years RH program management experience, preferably in insecure locations,
- Experience in technically supervising reproductive health staff in a complex setting;
- Thorough understanding of gender-based violence response protocols and service provision;
- Ability to validate and interpret health data;
- Demonstrated ability to support and build staff capacity;
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member;
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
- Knowledge and experience of participatory planning methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, use e-mail and internet.
- Fluency in English
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility.
- Be a team player
Security level red. The situation in NE Nigeria is calm at the moment but prone to volatility.
Lodging in Nigeria is in a private bedroom with en-suite or shared bathroom, in a shared IRC guesthouse. All IRC sites have electricity and internet at least several hours per day. Food is the individual’s responsibility.
Deployment Security ProtocolThe IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
go to method of application »
Supply Chain Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 – 3 years
- Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
SCOPE OF WORK:
The TTA Supply Chain Manager directly supervises supply chain teams in Borno and Yobe states and is responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support in Borno and Yobe states. Key responsibilities include procurement management, inventory and warehousing management, assets and properties management and vehicle & transport management. He/she would be required to work with supply chain team in Maiduguri to ensure supply chain activities are moving ahead in a timely manner. The position would report to the Field Coordinator of Borno state and will work closely with the Senior Supply Chain Manager and Deputy Director of Operations.
- Accountable for implementing and maintaining a local procurement system adapted by the IRC Nigeria Supply Chain Department and based on IRC Global procurement policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure each grant has a procurement plan and each plan is updated, discussed with the relevant budget holder and are reported on bi weekly basis.
- Coordinate, manage and be accountable for the supply and logistics support to IRC operations, including the efficient, effective and transparent procurement of the required goods and services according to IRC policies and standard operating procedures.
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this lead-time is followed and achieved as per the different grant timelines.
- Maintain transparent and efficient general contracting systems through IRC standard Supply Chain due diligence.
- Conduct market survey in key procurement categories to ensure that IRC is receiving best value for money.
- Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes.
- Analyze PR tracking reports from all sites in Borno and Yobe states, noting any significant delays in procurement. Provide analysis and recommendations for improvement to Field Coordinator for further discussion and action.
- Provide monthly procurement projections to the finance department based on procurements ready for payment in the following 30 days.
- Ensure Procurement documentation is continually updated on a daily basis to ensure the documentation on file reflects the progress of each procurement action.
- Assist programs to establish and implement a reliable stock distribution plan to avoid closed grant or expired items in the warehouses.
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
Fleet and Transport Management:
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet for IRC Borno and Yobe offices. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program managers and Field Coordinator.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance and reporting of all IRC Borno and vehicles according to IRC policy.
Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC assets in Borno and Yobe states, which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
Training and Staff Management:
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff in Borno and Yobeare aware of and in compliance with IRC Suppl
- Chain policies and SOPs for procurement management, stock inventory, and warehousing management.
- Identify training needs in all supply chain functions and provide refresher trainings to supply chain and program staff.
- At least 2 to 3 years of work experience as Supply Chain Manager with IRC. International experience managing a large multi-site Supply Chain operation with IRC is a plus.
- experienced in supply chain management in an insecure or conflict setting
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in
- Supply Chain Management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative.
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken).
Deployment Security Protocols:
North East Nigeria is security phase 3 (ORANGE) so the Supply Chain Manager TTA will be expected to respect the various security protocols in place in country. Phase 3 requires clear contingency planning in place with staff prepared should hibernation or evacuation be called.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
go to method of application »
Assistant Finance Controller
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
SUMMARY STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Finance Controller assists the Country Office Finance Controller by managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting unit. At the discretion of the Country Director the Assistant Controller will assume some or all of the Controller responsibilities when the FC is absent.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with IRC and country office policy and procedures. Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows:
- Control over and/or entry of changes to the Chart of Accounts, Analysis Codes and Exchange Rates
- Performing or supervising the posting of entries ensuring proper controls are enforced and appropriate systems in place to maintain all required supporting documentation.
- Production of required monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Developing expertise to control the system, develop new reports and be able to train staff in processing of data.
- Ensuring budgets are loaded on a timely basis
- Ensuring a backup and retention procedure is in place and followed for all SUN master files
- Preparation of draft donor reports for review by the Finance Controller
- Analysis of actual to budget results to identify problems in accounting or compliance
- Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of report data.
- Preparation of the creation of detail level budgets in IRC SUN format to ensure required donor reports can be produced form the accounting system
Field Office Training & Support
- Acting as the primary liaison for the field office finance staff for policy or procedure questions
- By frequent visits to the field offices providing training to finance staff on IRC accounting procedures and requirements, assists the Field Coordinators and program staff in finance related issues and activities.
- Review of financial data submitted by the field to identify weaknesses or problems being encountered by field finance staff and recommend corrective action.
- In conjunction with the Finance Controller developing or revising policy and procedures and assists in the implementation.
Balance Sheet Accounts
- Supervising or performing all balance sheet account reconciliation’s on a timely basis
- Ensuring differences or discrepancies are brought to the attention of the FC and that appropriate action is taken.
- Recommending standard formats for reconciliation’s and/or procedures to improve the underlying accounting, control or processing of transactions to minimize errors or omissions.
- The review of and accounting for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments
- Maintaining a system to track commitments and outstanding contract amounts.
- Providing input to Purchase Request approvals to ensure commitments are considered before further purchases approved
- Primary responsibility for liaison with logistics/procurement.
Cash/Bank – Processing
- Supervision of the processing of bank and cash transactions.
- Ensuring internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers
- Preparation or oversight of the preparation of the cash accounting worksheet
- Liaison with bank officials to resolve problems or facilitate improved service.
- Preparation of cash forecasts and CTR for the country program
- Monitoring cash usage and requirements and advises the Finance Controller of possible unusual activity or requirements
- Working with field and program coordinators to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts
- Cost Accounting.
- Providing recommendations for cost allocation systems in accordance with donor regulations
- Assisting in or reviewing physical inventory counts and ensuring proper valuation and accounting for inventory or supply items.
- The processing of the national payroll ensuring standard financial controls are maintained
- Ensuring payroll reports and cash is distributed to the required locations in time for all staff to be paid by the last day of the month.
- Preparation of the necessary related accounting entries including salary allocations
- Serving as primary liaison with Administration and the field offices on payroll related issues
- Liaison with local government to ensure compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
- Internal audit activities as required by the Finance Controller
- Reviews of controls and monitoring of compliance with established procedures.
- Preparation of written reports for review by the Controller which identify key issues and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of the country’s Operating Budget to ensure data is complete and maintained on a timely basis.
- Preparation of monthly management reports analyzing the use of unrestricted funding versus approved allocation.
- Assisting in the development and preparation of cost allocation processes for overarching costs that comply with donor regulations on allowable costs.
- Working with program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of country operating costs and NY direct and indirect costs.
- Review of actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting (CPA or equivalent certification would be preferred).
Minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience and one (1) year direct supervisory experience.
Experienced with various PC and financial related software (spreadsheets, accounting packages).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with program staff, management and employees
- Comfortable making decisions.
- Good supervisory, time management and interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG