Job Opportunity at The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD)
The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD) is the only umbrella body of all associations (clusters) of Disabled People’s Organization (DPOs), as well as civil society organizations working on disability issues in Nigeria recognized by governments at national, state and local levels. JONAPWD has existed for over one decade, promoting the rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs); advocating for inclusive laws and policies; and engaging with all sectors and stakeholders in the society to enhance social inclusion of PWDs. JONAPWD serves as a major institutional hub of disability information resources in Nigeria.Job Opportunity at The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (Jonapwd) The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities Job Opportunity at The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (Jonapwd) The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities Job Opportunity at The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (Jonapwd) The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities Job Opportunity at The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (Jonapwd) The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities
JONAPWD’s vision is a society where equality social justice and rights of persons with disabilities are guaranteed. Its mission is to attain a society where equity social justice and rights of persons with disabilities are guaranteed through specific projects, advocacy and partnership with relevant stakeholders. JONAPWD currently has affiliated chapters in all the 36 states and the FCT Abuja. Local government chapters also exist in some states. JONAPWD’s National Secretariat, situated in the Nigerian Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, is saddled with the responsibility for the management and administration of its activities at the national level. The Secretariat coordinates all the state and local chapters, National Disability Cluster members, CSO affiliates, as well its relationship with all local and international development partners.
JONAPWD is recruiting qualified persons to fill a key position at its National Secretariat. This position is for full time employment. All conditions of service as contained in JONAPWD’s Human Resources and Staffing Policy shall apply.
Program & M/E Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldNGO/Non-Profit
- He/ She shall support in the management and administration of programmes, projects and activities of the national secretariat of JONAPWD.
- Support in the design and development of programme concepts, initiatives, and implementation plans
- Support in the administration of programme budgets and coordination of programme implementation activities;
- Support in the implementation of programme monitoring and evaluation plans and document project success stories.
- Support the project on all monitoring and evaluation needs across implementing area.
- S/he will support in ensuring timely and quality reporting.
- S/he will support data collection, analysis activities and regularly providing technical oversight, problem-solving and support.
- In coordination with program staff, adapt existing M&E systems to monitor and evaluate project activities and impact
- Manage capturing data across program interventions and analyze data collected during monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Oversee data tracking and analysis on regular basis and ensure that data and metrics in field reports are accurate.
- Write, edit, and summarize field reports to develop quality and informative monthly and quarterly reports for donors and internal teams.
- Work with the program team to identify opportunities to innovate M&E systems.
- In partnership with program team document lessons learned and best practices
- Support pre and post monitoring, need assessments, survey, focus groups and evaluation or verification as well as other studies at the project level.
- Provide input on the design and implementation of baseline studies, mid-term evaluations and final evaluations.
- Track and report lessons learned, prepare success stories about the program and share with management for wider circulation.
- Work closely with program teams for filing/archiving documentation both soft copies and hard copies.
- Support in coordinating the relationship between the National Executive and JONAPWD’s cluster member organizations;
- Undertake any other roles and responsibilities as may be assigned by the National Programme Manager and or the National Executive of JONAPWD from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in disability-based programme management; public relations, HR.
- The Program & Admin Officer must be a graduate with at least a first degree (Bsc/HND), either in Social sciences, Social Work and/or Development Studies/HR or in a management, psychology, law or business-related discipline. A post graduate degree is an added advantage.
- Strong administrative skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Power point, Ms Word e.t.c.
- Appreciation for confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to coordinate while working as part of the team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political, community, and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community.
Method of Application
Interested Applicants should submit the following
(A) A one-A4 page typed application;
(B) A copy of current CV;
(C) Two letters of Reference from either former employee or officials from the NGO sector
(D) Two recent passport size photos.
No phone calls will be entertained (mails only firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted
Female PWDs are strongly advised to apply.
JONAPWD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on gender, race, and religion e.t.c.
All applications and inquiries should be directed to the Office of the President, National Secretariat, Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities,
Suit 104 Gambo Sawaba Block,
National Women Development Center,
Central Business District,
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG