Job Opportunity at the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly disease in the world. KNCV is an international centre of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organisation of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologist. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Challenge TB Country Director
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationMBA/MSc/MA PhD/Fellowship
- Job FieldMedical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Description KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
- The purpose of the position is to manage the country office, supervise the KNCV staff, and to represent KNCV and Challenge TB in the concerned country.
- The Country Director is responsible for the overall implementation of the CTB project including the development of annual work plans and budgets, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- He/she coordinates and works closely together with the coalition partners of CTB in the concerned country, the National TB program, the USAID mission, the Global Fund, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders to successfully implement the Challenge TB country project.
- Together with two other key staff (the Deputy Director Operations, the Sr. Technical Adviser Programs and the Sr. TB/HIV Technical Adviser), the director manages a team of 66 staff (16 at the central office and 50 in satellite offices).
- The Country Director supervises the country office team of international and local staff and reports to the portfolio manager at KNCV’s Head Office in The Hague.
As a Country Director you will:
- Provide overall technical leadership and management of the projects;
- Build capacity of the KNCV Nigeria Team to ensure high performance and technical leadership to enable them to build the capacity of local partners;
- Lead the project life cycle: from annual planning, implementation to monitoring and reporting;
- Ensure CTB is at the leading edge of TB programming;
- Maintain partner relations and coordination among stakeholders;
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery on all contractual and programmatic obligations;
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation and learning to ensure project interventions are appropriate and that lessons/experience shared;
- Provide technical assistance in his/her fields of expertise and stimulates innovation;
- Contribute to national and regional policy fora, guideline committees and TB working groups;
- Oversee relevant national and regional policy developments in TB control and identify strategic opportunities to contribute to policy development.
- MD with Masters and/or P.hD (Medicine, Epidemiology, Public Health)
- Demonstrated experience managing large complex health programs ideally TB, in a multi-cultural setting;
- Proven experience in specific technical areas related to the program;
- Excellent understanding of annual planning processes;
- Proven experience with stakeholder involvement, managing donor relations and strengthening partnerships;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is essential;
- Good understanding of Global Fund – Concept Note /Funding Request development and implementation – ability to provide technical assistance / support in this area is desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in cooperating with governments, the private sector, lobbying & advocacy;
- Experience in developing policies, strategies, (research) projects;
- Experience in knowledge management;
- Experience in resource mobilization, proposal writing;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Specific areas of programmatic expertise:
- In- depth up to date knowledge of public health systems and aware of ongoing developments in these areas in the country, region;
- Experience of Public-Private partnerships;
- Strong facilitation and mediation skills;
- Experience in conducting training, capacity building;
- Report writing skills, knowledge of M&E cycles;
- Strategic planning, demonstrated experience using participatory methods for program review and planning.
- A strong team leader who is results-oriented and can motivate staff;
- A strategic thinker;
- Able to delegate tasks;
- Able to communicate within the organization and the partnership network;
- Planning and organizing; helicopter view;
- Culturally sensitive.
What do we offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Method of Application
Note: You can apply for this position, by submitting your CV including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the link above.
Interested and qualified? Go to KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation career website on www.kncvtbc.org to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG