Job Vacancy at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The purpose of the AgCompete project is to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria. The project will be composed of three main components: design of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships and funding to catalyze technological innovations; administration of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and technical assistance that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients to achieve the Missions food security objectives. The project will contribute to the Mission’s overall Feed the Future strategy, which looks to improve agriculture competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
Chief Of Party
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience12 – 17 years
- Job FieldNGO/Non-Profit
The Chief of Party (COP) is the leader of the entire project team, responsible for overall implementation, results, and management. He/she is the team’s interlocutor with USAID and is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive relations with counterparts across Nigeria. The COP is the final implementing team authority on management issues including staff, logistics, financial accounting and security.
- Ensure the project is operational and meets its contractual objectives
- Ensure key project deliverables are timely and approved
- Provide overall management and leadership of technical, administrative, operational, and logistical direction of the project;
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID on management and technical work;
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with Nigerian government officials, and senior-level national and county-level government officials;
- Lead coordination with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners;
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, or other relevant field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum 12 years of experience implementing agricultural development, public private partnership facilitation and implementation, investment promotion within the agriculture sector, or SME development in developing countries, of which 7 years was overseas in a senior leadership capacity of a project that involved managing a team;
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector, and coordinating activities with those of other donors;
- Experience in design and implementation of large scale projects ($25mln in value or more), including financial management experience, such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement;
- Experience managing projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Prior experience in Nigeria or West Africa is highly preferred; and
- Excellent oral and written English required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Creative Associates International career website on rew21.ultipro.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG