Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position.
ICMPD, IOM and ILO constitute the consortium that is implementing the project Support to Free Movement of Persons and Migration in West Africa (FMM West Africa). The project aims to maximise the development potential of free movement of persons and migration in West Africa by supporting the effective implementation of the ECOWAS Free Movement of Persons’ protocols and the ECOWAS Common Approach on Migration. The Project Support Unit (PSU), which implements the Project, is based in Abuja.
The National Project Officer will form part of the PSU and work under the supervision of the Coordinator, to whom s/he will report. The National Project Officer will support the implementation of ICMPD’s activities in the project and may need to travel in the ECOWAS region and Mauritania.
National Project Officer _ Maternity Replacement
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial NGO/Non-Profit
Tasks and Responsibilities
The National Project Officer will perform the following tasks:
- Plan and organise day-to-day project activities according to the project’s work plan.
- Provide inputs to project resource planning, such as an overview of logistics costs.
- Draft standard project correspondence, invitations, meeting agenda, note verbales.
- Communicate with stakeholders (participants, partners, experts, suppliers and project staff) on routine matters related to project activities.
- Organise workshops, meetings, ICMPD missions, expert travel; by being responsible for logistics: visa arrangements, flight bookings, locating/booking meeting facilities and accommodation (and related procurement process), calculate and request payment of DSA, distribute DSA to participants on site, backstop meeting arrangements on meeting site, receive and reconcile travel claims.
- Prepare meeting folders, PowerPoint presentations, reports, press releases and other documents as needed.
- Assist the team in all tasks and activities on site at meetings, including note-taking, drafting reports etc.
- Assist in the preparation of substantive project outputs (collects inputs for project publications/policy papers/thematic reports, edit/proofread and organise translation).
- Maintain project files/records and institutional project history, including project documentation electronically and on shared drive.
- Collect inputs, draft content (fact sheets, write-ups and updates on project events/activities) for public information and PR materials related to the project for the project and ICMPD websites, and disseminate to project partners by email and mail.
- Perform related duties as may be assigned.
Core Values, Qualification and Experience
Demonstrates appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organisation and the diversity of its staff and promotes ICMPD values: Commitment, Integrity, Partnership, Respect and Innovation in actions and decisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in international relations, political sciences, development studies, migration studies or public administration.
- A minimum of three years of experience in project administration and organisational management support in an international organisation context.
- Substantive knowledge of migration issues and knowledge of ECOWAS and the region will be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written English and French communication skills; knowledge of Portuguese will be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Good computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel.
ICMPD offers a competitive salary commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and education.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including CV and cover letter, through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, you will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once you have entered your data you will be able to quickly apply for further vacancies and ICMPD can contact you if opportunities matching your profile arise in the future.
Please note that in the course of the online application you are requested to upload your CV in the EuropeAid format. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
Should you experience technical difficulties with the online application system please send your application per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the type of difficulties you encountered.
Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application early. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Written tests and Interviews are planned to start the first week of February 2017. Applicants are expected to be available during this time period for a personal interview in Abuja, or if personal circumstances do not permit travelling, for an interview over skype.
Selected candidates will have to provide a signed statement of exclusivity and availability, as well as evidence supporting the educational and professional experience record as per CV. This is a mandatory requirement for EuropeAid tenders.
Please address all your enquiries to email@example.com, indicating vacancy number and title of post in the subject line.
Interested and qualified? Go to International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) career website on www.icmpd.org to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG