Job Vacancy at Morgreen Nigeria Limited
Morgreen Nigeria Limited – A provider of asset integrity management, Engineering, Construction, Installation,Marine procurement & Supply and Consultancy Services.
Ports & Stevedoring Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldLogistics
Location: Port Harcourt
Job Purpose / Objective
- To serve as our client’s focal person at the air and sea ports to foster smooth processing of export and import cargoes through the Nigerian Customs Service and other regulatory bodies.
- Ensure complete and correct documentations relevant for customs-clearing are received by our client’s clearing agent before arrival of flight/vessel.
- Monitor arrival of vessels, flights and manifest submission by our client’s appointed clearing agent.
- Follow up on any issues that may arise during custom clearing processes and ensure that these are escalated to relevant person for resolution.
- Ensure that the examination conducted on our client’s cargo by Nigerian customs is done professionally without damages to the cargo.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements for customs clearance from other regulatory bodies i.e. NAFDAC, SON, NSA at the Ports are complied with and assist freight forwarder to resolve issues.
- Prepare documents and liaise with ERG for the processing of permits for NAFDAC and NSA.
- liaise with Airlines/shipping companies/freight forwarder for all lost and or short landed cargoes and ensure they are closed out in line with relevant procedures.
- Monitor cargo clearing activities of the Freight Forwarding Contractor and ensure they comply with pm-agreed SLAs
- Prepare Air and Sea weekly status reports for presentation during weekly operations meeting
- Monitor and ensure prompt Customs duty payments with the banks and other relevant parties
- Advice on security and safety of our client’s cargo at the ports.
- Bachelors Degree or HND from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning (Additional qualification is an advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduation working experience, three (3) of which must have been in cargo clearing and forwarding.
- Good IT skills with proven knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ports operation and cargo clearing protocol, Custom Regulations and use of Asycuda
- Transport and supply chain management
- Good communication and relationship Management skills
- Candidate must be of high integrity and have excellent work ethics
- Not mom than 45 years old.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV’s to: email@example.comDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG