Job Vacancy at World Health Organization – WHO
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations’ agency for health. The organization focuses on four main areas, led by health intervention efforts, such as control and prevention of HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis. Other WHO priorities include support for government health programs; development of health policies, products, and systems; and efforts related to determinants of health, such as food safety and nutrition. The WHO operates from six regional offices worldwide and national offices in about 150 countries. Budget and policy oversight for the organization is provided by the World Health Assembly, which includes representatives of more than 190 countries. The WHO was founded in 1948.
Data Assistant (Polio Lab)
- Job TypeContract Full Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial ICT / Computer NGO/Non-Profit
The mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/17/SSA1
Title: Data Assistant (Polio Lab Maiduguri)
Contract type: Special Service Agreement
Duration of contract: 12 Months
Application Deadline: 18 January 2017 (14 day(s) until closing deadline) Currently accepting applications
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Organization unit: AF_NGA Nigeria (AF_NGA) /
AF_NG3 Technical Units (AF_NG3)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The objective of the post is to ensure the ever increasing workload of the polio laboratory is supported by additional human resource with data management capacity to maintain quality of laboratory data (a) ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the surveillance (b) provide a dedicated Data Assistant to Polio lab that relieves other technical lab personnel to focus on specimen processing . (c) ensure proper documentation of all case investigation forms and lab results.
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of the Maiduguri Polio Laboratory Director and over all supervision of WHO Data Assistant, the staff will carry out the following specific task:
1. Establish, maintain and up-date Polio laboratory databases pertaining to AFP/contact and lab result
2. Perform data harmonization and cleaning on all AFP data received using the WHO Data Quality Check and harmonization Tool.
3. Ensures weekly submission of the polio lab data to the director to share with AFRO as per the agreed timeline
4. Provide regular feedback on any data harmonization issue to the concerned zone and state.
5. Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
6. Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis feedback on key polio laboratory indicators
7. Create and secure back-up copies of data in the lab.
8. Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative
Diploma in Computer Science, Statistics, data management or related field with additional data laboratory training.
Verification of Educational qualifications:
“In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually”.
- Working knowledge of laboratory, preferably Polio laboratory.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
- At least 2 years’ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Experience in Ms. Access database tool management.
Method of Application
WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WHO:
http://www.who.int Click on: . to learn more about WHO’s operations
http://icsc.un.org Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date
Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.
Annual salary: (Net of tax)
at single rate
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO’s e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Currently accepting applications
Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization (WHO) career website on erecruit.who.int to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG