Latest Job Opportunity at The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria) with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries, Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It has also two (2) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited and Africa Retakaful) in Johannesburg (South Africa) and in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 41 African member States; the African Development Bank; 111 African insurance and reinsurance companies; and four (4) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A (Stable) by A.M. Best Company (since 2016) and A – (Stable) Standard & Poor’s (since 2009).
Manager, Technical Inspection & Risk Prevention
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 – 9 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
To strengthen the control system in the corporation to ensure Management and Risk management & IT Governance committee the effectiveness of the corporation’s internal control and also to provide technical assistance to the production centres by the way of Carrying out risk surveys and providing quotations for Engineering risks.
Under the guidance of the Director of Central Operations & Special Risks, the key functions of the successful candidate will be to:
- Monitor the monthly reports of each Production centre
- Propose and implement the annual audit plan
- Produce audit reports
- Follow-up the audit issues,
- Assist the Production centres in improving their production tools including, the underwriting manual, contract wordings, rates and computer reports.
- Monitor claims reserving and Reserve adequacy.
- Provide technical assistance to production centres.
- Carry out risk survey and assessment on the request of the production centres.
- Provide quotations for Engineering risks on the request of the production centres
- Assist production centres in the handling of complex claims.
- Attend to any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
MAIN COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Advance knowledge of insurance and reinsurance.
- Capacity for technical and professional proficiency, particularly with regard Insurance and reinsurance underwriting as well as risk assessment;
- Ability to train cedants and subordinate
- Ability to quickly build very good and sustainable relationship with cedants
- Capacity to respect confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Capacity for taking initiatives and decision;
- Good supervisory skills.
- Capacity for analyzing, synthesizing and reasoning
- Very Good planning & reporting skills.
- High Integrity,Rigorous and good sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure in a very busy environment.
- Excellent computer skills required in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ect) and Knowledge of any other business-related software will be an added advantage
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Applicants shall be holders of
First University degree in the Engineering field (Construction, Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, etc.), plus Masters, plus 5 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both Treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing ; claims management, risk survey and assessment.
First University degree in the Engineering field (Construction, Mechanic, Electro-mechanic, etc.), plus full professional qualification, plus 9 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing; claims management, risk survey and assessment.
First University degree in relevant field plus 9 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing; claims management, risk survey and assessment
A qualification in actuarial studies and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English language
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must not be more than 40 years old.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level PS 2
- Variable pay ( Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Housing Allowance
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Home leave to country of origin every one (1) year paid by the employer – if Non- Nigeria National;
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation, paid in local currency.
- Exemption from taxes and duties (diplomatic status of an international civil servant), – if Non- Nigeria National;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AFRICAN REINSURANCE career website on www.africa-re.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG