Legal Vacancy at a Real Estate Firm – Cumbrian Consulting
Cumbrian Consulting – Our Client is one of Nigeria’s leading players in the Real Estate, Construction, Security and Facility Management sectors of the economy. Headquartered in Lagos but with rapidly expanding investment footprints and business offices across the country, our client is pushing boundaries of accomplishments in the provision of high quality, affordable housing, first-class residential estates, luxury high-rise apartments, facility management and professional security services.
In line with its world class aspirations and strategic growth objectives, our client seeks to engage the services of a thoroughbred Legal professional to lead the Organisation’s Legal team in overseeing all legal matters related to the acquisition, development and management of Company assets.
Chief Legal Officer (CLO)
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldLaw / Legal
The ideal candidate is an attorney with impeccable credentials and experience in all legal issues related to legal expertise in construction, facility management and real estate transactions, from the negotiation of land sales and permit processes to overseeing rental agreements and relations with authorities and clients.
SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrates an impeccable knowledge and understanding of Nigerian law, particularly as it pertains to real estate
- Acts as a trouble shooter, one who is self-directed and pro-active
- Possess superb written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Possesses leadership and management skills with the charisma and dynamism to both lead and work within a team environment
- Experience working on matters of corporate governance and with board of directors
- Experience in directing strategy and managing litigation cases
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on all legal implications of all matters.
- Lead corporate strategic and tactical design, implementation and management of legal initiatives for the company.
- Oversee all contracts, notary requirements, permits – any and all legal issues related to the acquisition and rental of properties/projects including divestitures and joint ventures.
- Judge the merits of all court cases filed against or on behalf of the company and work with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defence and approve settlement of dispute where warranted.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable SEC et al. laws and regulations
- Structure and manage the company’s internal legal function and staff
- Cultivate and manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside council
- Advise on legal aspects of the company’s finance including assessing current and future business structure and legal entities
- Provide senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation.
Method of Application
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG