Legal Vacancy at KPMG
KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organizations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) Temp Lawyer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldLaw / Legal
Auto req ID: 121246BR
Function: Infrastructure – Legal Council
Service Line: Legal Council
Engagement Type: Graduate Hire
- Provides adequate support to the Risk Management Unit in ensuring the Firm’s risks are appropriately identified, monitored, mitigated, and where necessary, eliminated through the design and/or implementation of statutory compliance, control frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling of legal matters relating to the Firm, including monitoring of the Firm’s court cases, handling correspondence with external legal counsel and managing of the Firm’s legal affairs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance with the establishment of effective and efficient compliance framework, policies and procedures.
- Assistance with the review of contracts / agreements / documents to ensure that the Firm is properly protected and ensure compliance with the Firm’s standard business terms and conditions.
- Attendance at legal proceedings and providing regular court update on status of outstanding court matters.
- Representing the Firm at meetings, taking minutes and proffering legal opinions.
- Assistance with the review of the Firm’s prohibited investments list and monitor compliance in line with the Risk Management policy.
- Conduct research from appropriate sources/references in resolving risk management related queries.
- Any other Quality & Risk Management function as may be assigned.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Law degree from a reputable university with a minimum of second class upper (2:1) division
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum of second class upper (2:1) division
- Qualified lawyer with minimum of two years’ post-NYSC working experience
- Applicant must be below 31 years as at date of application.
- Knowledge of local and global Auditor’s Independence Rules such as SEC, IFAC Code of Ethics for Accountants and ICAN Regulations, will be an advantage.
- Ability to think strategically and appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Method of Application
Note: Please note that only eligible candidates will be shortlisted.
Interested and qualified? Go to KPMG career website on krb-sjobs.brassring.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG