Logistics Role at Christian Aid
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
Christian Aid Nigeria is looking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill
Positions for the implementation of its humanitarian response project in Borno, which will contribute to providing life-saving food and WASH assistance to IDPs in the newly liberated local government areas in Borno state, North East Nigeria.
The roles provide excellent opportunity for enthusiastic professionals who will support CA partnerships and humanitarian response programmes.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationSecondary School (SSCE) OND
- Job FieldLogistics Transportation and Driving
About the role
The role works within the Administrative role family and is key to ensuring staff, visitors and goods are taken to their required destination within Christian Aids offices, with significant travel within country. To provide logistics and administrative support within Christian Aid office, to maintain all Christian Aid vehicles, including safety equipment. To ensure regular maintenance of the project vehicle and where required, ensure any complex vehicle repairs are carried out by the appropriate service provider.
Educated to school certificate level and secondary school 3rd year level with basic knowledge of manual work. Must have driving licence and any other documentation required to drive a vehicle and passengers Some experience, indicated by one to two years learning period. Must have experience of driving a vehicle with passengers, knowledge of the area and experience of liaising with officials to cross check points.
Logistics / procurement support experience.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Evidence of Competency
- As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about a time you worked in a reliable, helpful and cooperative way with all colleagues
- Tell us about a time you took responsibility for an organizational resources you use (e.g. vehicles, equipment).
Strive for improvement:
- Tell us about a time you used initiative when faced with problems
- CA Driver Role Profile – Nigeria.pdf (190.89 KB)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Christian Aid career website on jobs.christianaid.org.uk to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG