MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
IP Operations Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience2 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Unit: IP Operations
Reporting Line: IP Operations Manager
- The IP Engineer will be responsible for designing, integrating and implementing IP based services on the Main One network.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Relevant professional/technical certifications.
- Primarily focus on all level 2 escalated issues from the GNOC for timely (<30mins) resolution with minimal supervision
- Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- L2 and L3 MPLS experience.
- Routing protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS,OSPF, EIGRP).
- IP multicast experience.
- Troubleshooting and resolving WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Providing network solutions.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Network administration and maintenance.
- Other assigned duties.
- To work directly under the supervision of IP Operation Supervisor
Contacts – You will be required to:
- Work closely with the NOC team.
- Undertake regular planning sessions with Senior IP Engineer/Head Network Planning & Implementation/ Head of Network Operations
Qualifications & Skils
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Varying degrees of experience required from 2 – 3 years.
- Proven capacity in designing and implementing complex, high. performance networks with multiple locations and applications, preferably service provider networks.
- Hands on experience configuring Cisco and Juniper routers
- Preferably CCNA and CCNP certifications.
- Good knowledge of networking technologies – TCP/IP, BGP, DNS,
- VPNs, Firewalls, proxy etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time & self-management skills
- Relationship Management
- Team work
- Ability to work well under pressure
Demands on the job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- 10% travel/ or as required
Interested and qualified? Send in your application HEREDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG