NOUN Admission Requirements for Post Graduate Programmes
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree
Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of
- a) Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- b) Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- c) candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and
Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3
years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric
Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of
Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and
Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by
NOUN are admitable.
- d) candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and
Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a
science subject and 2 other subjects.
V MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- a) A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a
University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or
- b) A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- c) A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any
University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- d) Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
- VI. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) PROGRAMMES
- i. For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must
possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score
average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average
(CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- ii. Candidates for PD Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
iii. Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic
records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
VII. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- i) Five credit passes at SSCE/GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level must be in
subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- ii) A credit level pass in Mathematics is required for all sciences and technology, business education and science education programmes. A pass in Mathematics may be considered for social sciences programmes. Also a pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics programmes.
iii) Candidates applying for B.A. English, B.A. (Ed.) English and B.Sc.
Mass Communication must have a credit in Literature in English.
- iv) Prior knowledge and relevant work experience (including first degree/HND/RN) may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- iv. Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
Note: Candidates may be required to satisfy additional requirements by specific Schools.
VIII. ACCESS PROGRAMME
- As part of her mandate to increase access to Higher Education, the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) now offers a Remedial Programme at ‘O’ level to the Nigerian Public.
- Students who are admitted into these programmes will be taught through the face-to-face mode for a full academic year after which they would sit for any National ‘O’ Level examinations of their choice
- For a start, the programme would take off in three Study Centres of the University: Lagos, Kaduna and Kebbi respectively.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG