NOUN Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes . Are you interested in getting admission into the National Open University – NOUN undergraduate degree Programs? If yes, see the admission requirements below.
Undergraduate Programmes a) 100 Level
- i. Five credits in the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or
equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- ii. Teachers’ Grade II Certificates with a minimum of five
merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain equivalent of five credits at ‘O’Levels.
iii. Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five(5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a credit Pass in Mathematics at not
more than two (2) sittings in NECO/SSCE or GCE O/L
- iv. The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language,
while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the
- v. For School of Management Sciences, the credit passes at
Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics
- vi. For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
vii. For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
viii. The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc. Environmental
Science and Resource Management is five (5) O’Level
(SSCE/NECO/GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.
- b) 200 Level
- i) National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognised
- ii) National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s)
relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
iii. International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation
Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
- iv. Candidates for entry into School of Law must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower) degree from any recognized University with at least five credits including English Language, Literature in English and a credit pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO/SCCE or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- v. Candidates for entry into School of Science & Technology may be admitted into 300 Level of the programme provided they have the following qualification:
- a) Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in
SSCE/NECO/GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Geography and Economics
- b) A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (Higher National
Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
- vi. Candidates for entry into School of Health Sciences for:
- a) B.Sc. Community Health: Direct Entry to 200 Level
- Five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASSC, GCE, NECO or NABTEB in the
following subjects: English Language,
Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and either
Physics, Geography or Economics.
- A registered and licensed Community Health
Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Extension (Ordinary National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
Direct Entry to 300 Level:
- Five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in
WASSC, GCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry,
Biology, and either Physics, Geography or Economics.
- A registered and licensed Community Health Officer with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
Mature licensed and registered Community Health practitioners of
45 years and above who are on Grade Level 10 and above that do not possess any of the above stated admission requirements may be considered for admission to run the four year programme.
b). B.Sc. Environmental Health
Same as B.Sc. Community Health above and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
- i. Direct Entry to 200 Level:
Candidates may be admitted into 200 level of the programme provided they have the following qualifications:
- Five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics,
Chemistry, Biology/Health Science
- Diploma in Environmental Health Technician obtained from a recognised College of Health Technology
- A valid practice permit issued by Environmental health
Officers Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORECON)
- ii. Direct Entry to 300 Level
Candidates with valid license issued by EHORECON may
be admitted into 300 level of the programme provided they have any of the following qualifications in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements:
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Environmental health
- The Public Health Inspector’s Diploma of the Royal Society of Health (RSH) or West African health Examination Board
(WAHEB) Diploma for Public Health Superintendents or
Diploma in Community Health Officer .
Mature licensed Environmental Health Officer 45 years and above who are on Grade Level 14 and above that do not possess any of the
above stated O/L admission requirements may be considered for
admission into the 300 level of the programme.
- c) B.Sc. Dental Technology
To be eligible for admission for B.Sc. Dental Technology, candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- must be a registered Dental Technologist with Dental
Technology Registration Board of Nigeria (DTRBN).
- a holder of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Dental Technology or Final City and Guild of London Certificate or Professional Certificate in Dental Technology issued by DTRBN.
- Must have a valid practicing license from DTRBN; and
- In addition to fulfilling the requirements above, such candidates must also possess five (5) SSCE/WASC/NECO/NABTEB O/Level credit passes including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
Matured Registered and licensed Dental Technologists of minimum of forty (40) years of age and with not less than ten (10) years post qualification experience who do not possess five (5) O/Level credit passes as stated above may be considered for admission but will be
required to do some remedial courses (access courses).
vii Admission Requirement Into School Of Agricultural Sciences a) Undergraduate Programmes
To be admitted into the 5 year B. Agriculture, Candidates must have
- i. 100 Level
Credit passes in 5 WASCE/GCE/NECO. Subjects including
English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural
Science, at least a pass in Physics. The Credit pass in Agric. Science must be backed up by at least a pass in Biology.
- ii. 200 Level
“A” Level passes in the relevant subjects
- ND with a minimum of Upper Credit plus 5 Credits in
WAESC/NECO/GCE “ O” Level to be admitted into 200
- Direct Entry
– OND with upper credit may be admitted into 200 levels of the
– NCE with credit passes in any one of the options below may be admitted into 200 level of the programme:
(i) Agricultural Science
(iii) Integrated Science/Chemistry
(iv) Home Economics and related Science based courses
- HND with credit pass in Agriculture or related programmes, and credit passes in requisite subjects at O’ Level may be admitted into
300 Level and may be required to take relevant courses at 200 Level.
· 5 years for 100 and 4 years for 200 level entry candidates.hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG