Oxfam, one of the leading global development organizations, mobilizes the power of people against poverty. We are a diverse confederation of 17 strongly interconnected national affiliates working in over 90 countries, either directly, or with partners to enable transformational change, using a unique combination of long-term development, campaigning, and humanitarian programs.
We are recruiting to fill this position
- To implement food distributions and other food assistance projects in Damboa LGA
- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To support the implementation of food security/livelihoods programming, including cash transfers and market assessment.
- To support activities which includes holding community meetings and focus group discussions, promoting social mobilisation, beneficiary targeting process, and post-distribution monitoring, food security and livelihood assessment market prices surveillance monitoring, trader and money transfer assessment.
- To lead on community-level data collection and ensure adherence to work plan.
- Ensure that EFSVL is integrated with other programme teams, including water and sanitation engineering teams, and public health promotion teams.
- To apply gender-sensitive approaches to the community work and be comfortable to be involved in or lead community sensitisation and awareness sessions.
- Actively support to monitor the impact of our work on the people, supervising, monitoring and reporting on output indicators of the project.
- Implement accountability systems to ensure that communities engage in programme design and implementation, and use the Feedback and Complaints system.
- First degree in Sociology, Agriculture, Micro-enterprise development or its equivalent in any relevant discipline.
- At least three years of experience in appropriate community mobilisation. livelihoods, and/or cash programming in early recovery setting with national or International organizations.
- Proven ability to work creatively, innovatively, using owns initiative with limited direct supervision as well as working effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge and experience of baseline assessments, data gathering
- Proven assessment/analytical skills and the ability to contribute to written and verbal reports succinctly in English.
NGO/Community Services & Dev
Preferred Years of Experience
3 – 5 years
TuesdayDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG