Plant Manager at Reckitt Benckiser
Reckitt Benckiser is the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
We trust people in what they do and we give full accountability and autonomy to make things happen. That’s how we generate the game-changing ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world, such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
We have been mandated by an international company (one of the major players in the health, home care & hygiene industry) to recruit a Plant Manager, reporting to the Country Supply Director. The position is located in Ogun State, Nigeria.
- To enforce and assure that safety standards are always fully implemented within the factory.
- To ensure at all time that operation are conducted within an excellent housekeeping (a clean environment is prone to excellence and safety).
- Authority on the daily factory operations within the guide lines defined by the COO.
- Full responsibility for correct implementation of the recipe and operational production parameters (density and thickness) defined by the COO for achieving the expected raw material yield.
- Responsible for controlling the labour force (overtime, manning, labour force allocated per production unit).
- Organising the maintenance interventions, for ordering the necessary internal & external services and required parts (within the allocated yearly budget)
- Organize safety talks and trainings with the team within the factory structure.
- Ensure at all time that housekeeping is implemented as per company guidelines.
- Prepare with his managers the annual shut down (list of works to be done, list of parts needed, ensure the availability of internal and external resources, prepare necessary risk analysis for exceptional works and define appropriate protective counter measures).
- Organize, participate and lead daily the factory operation meeting (safety, maintenance, process, operation review).
- Analyzing the yearly budget: heavy maintenance, capex, opex, labour optimisation.
- Organize the monthly follow-up and strict adherence to the maintenance budget.
- Manage and organize the required number of shifts based on the yearly factory production budget.
- Participate in the weekly operational meeting with the commercial people for optimum definition of the production planning.
- Run Factory to obtain the best possible machine efficiency with the lowest possible level of stoppages to ensure the optimal production capacity at all time of the production lines.
- Ensure that finished products leaving his factory comply at all time and consistently to the quality and specifications defined by the company.
- Graduated engineer (Mechanical or Electrical – automation knowledge will be an added advantage)
- 10 years with experience in manufacturing organisation or in maintenance management
- Able to negotiate with local contractors involved in the execution of projects.
- Strong exposure to the homecare, hygiene industry.
- Good understanding of the production and process.
- Strong technical background for follow-up of maintenance team.
- Capable to manage a skilled workforce and his direct team.
- Communication skills,
- Ability to motivate a team.
- Must be a leader motivating his team for achieving set goals and objectives.
- Good use of Computer, Microsoft office package is a must.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by visiting http://www.rb.com/ to apply
Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG