Product Manager at Andela Nigeria
Andela provides companies with access to the top 1% of global tech talent. We identify high-potential developers on the African continent, shape them into world-class technical leaders, and pair them with companies as full-time, distributed team members. Accelerate your product roadmap while minimizing time spent interviewing, on-boarding, and training new hires.
Andela is backed by investors including Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Susa Ventures, Steve Case, Founder Collective, Learn Capital and more.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 – 5 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
About The Role – Product Manager:
- Andela is seeking a Product Manager with world-class expertise in product management to build and execute on Andela’s product roadmap, and contribute to the continuing growth of our team of African technology leaders.
- At Andela we do things a little differently. We consider our product to be the talented people (we call them “Fellows”) we embed into technology teams around the world.
- We build software and products to support these talented people (we call them Fellows) in continuously developing their skills while doing exceptional work for their clients and colleagues.
- You know how to collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the company’s goals, and gather an understanding of industry trends and opportunities in order to formulate and direct the company’s product roadmap.
- You also know how to transfer the knowledge, behaviours and beliefs of your expertise to any technology professional from entry level to senior product managers.
- You’ll also find new challenges in crafting vertically integrated software products that supports the Andela Fellowship.
In this job you will:
- Reporting to the Director of Product, you will own 1 or more of our internal products and product lead them either directly or through the use of Andela’s Fellows.
- You will ensure that your internal products/software meet our business needs and have high usability.
- You will also have a strong hands-on presence: from mentoring and coaching Andela Fellows, to working seamlessly with our Education, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing, Success, Operations and Engineering departments, you’ll ensure alignment and deliver results.
You will also:
- Manage the product roadmap of one or more products
- Create and prioritize the backlog for your products
- Communicate product direction to all relevant team members
- Maintain requirements documents and other assets that articulate Andela’s user needs
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
- Work with the Learning Department to define learning outcomes for Product Management
- Mentor and advise fellows wishing to become Product Managers
What makes you a great fit for this Role:
- Located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya and travel regularly between our centers.
- 2-5+ years of digital product management experience at a software company
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease
- Technical fluency. You don’t have to be an engineer, but you do need to speak the language
- An eye for design.
- Strong project management and analytical skills, with a tendency toward data-backed decisions
You’re the kind of Person who:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in Product Management
- Are relentless in your desire to understand your users and the challenges they face.
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
- Loves unlocking the potential of others and wants to learn how to do it even better
- Can support apprentices in learning from more experienced team members
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on boards.greenhouse.io to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG