Program Manager at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldProject Management
For Creative’s program in Nigeria, the Program Manager will be implementation-focused and responsible for amending systems in place to guide activities through the Activity Cycle, from concept to closure, working with and through multiple teams: Programs, Engineering, Grants, Procurement and Finance. The Program Manager will also ensure continued program collaboration with Creative Home Office in Washington DC. The position will be based in the head program office, located in Abuja, with work expected to be carried out in the North East states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the COP, the Program Manager will oversee the design and implement necessary systems to ensure that program activities are designed, implemented and completed in line with a rapidly developing and increasingly fast-paced program strategy. S/he will closely coordinate with all program-related team members in Abuja and in state offices to ensure on-time and on-message delivery of activity and program aims.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Program Manager will:
- Propose, put in place, and oversee mechanisms to ensure that activity development and implementation are in line with activity aims and program objectives, and drive continuous improvement in process and outcomes.
- Directly oversee the coordination mechanism between Grants, Engineering, Procurement and Program teams, ensuring activity development and clearance keeps pace with demand and remains compliant with program strategy and rules/regulations. Guide CDFs, SPMs, PDMs and PDOs in activity development and design where necessary.
- Propose, put in place, and oversee mechanisms that support managers’ oversight of program implementation to ensure activities deliver to intention and to schedule, and drive continuous improvement in process and outcomes.
- Along with the COP and DCOP, engage OTI counterparts to guide program strategy, including setting objectives, developing theories of change, and supporting program expansion if required;
- In collaboration with the DCOP, develop and put in place Knowledge Management functions for the program, supporting the commissioning of research efforts as part of NRTI’s M&E portfolio, establishing feedback processes to ensure that activity lessons and research outcomes routinely feed into and inform the activity design process.
- Travel to state offices in Yobe, Borno and Admawa to ensure that lessons (both operational and thematic) are consistently and practically applied into activity design and program operations, supporting state teams as needed;
- Perform additional tasks as reasonably assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant work experience, including programming experience with a donor, contractor or international NGO managing an office or program with some demonstrated supervisory experience;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working on complex, high-speed and challenging operations in transition environments;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation, and close-out;
- Experience with grant management;
- Exceptional written skills;
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work and multi-task under pressure;
- Exceptional analysis, logical reasoning and presentation skills, enabling training and capacity building of team members;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff, fostering overall good dynamics within and between teams;
- Fluency in written and oral English is required;
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with in-kind and small grants, preferably programs that require various and simultaneous procurements of goods and services and management of providers of short-term technical assistance;
- University degree in a relevant required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Creative Associates International career website on rew21.ultipro.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG