Program Officer at Ugboroke Progressive Fish Farmers Association (UPFFA)
Ugboroke Progressive Fish Farmers Association (UPFFA) is an umbrella body covering a cluster of fish farmers numbering well over 120 farmers. The group consists of men, women arid youths involved in aquaculture business with interests in promoting improved market access for the poor and a peaceful enabling environment for equitable economic growth in the Niger Delta. The Association works in collaboration with other fish farmer groups in a cluster model.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldAgriculture/Agro-Allied
- The Program Officer will play a leading role, managing the project and the project team.
- The Program Officer will assist the CEO in the day-today technical management of the project and oversight.
- Lead the project’s programming, manage and oversee grantee activities and its implementation and ensure technical operations are in compliance with USAID regulations.
- S/he will lead and participate in the design and development of the grantee’s concept and annual work plans, prepare various project reports, weekly reports, monthly reports, quarterly report, annual reports; design and manage a project database and use the database for tracking and detailing activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- S/he must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Law, Agriculture and Development Studies, etc, Master’s Degree preferred.
- S/he must possess three years of demonstrated experience in the agricultural sector and successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance activities under a US government contract instrument.
- S/he must have experience in project management and budgeting, specifically in assuring procurement, disbursements, logistics, and programmatic aspects are implemented on time and according to approved specifications.
- S/he must have experience in managing grants to local organizations to promote democracy and good governance.
- S/he must have excellent communication skills, including interpersonal relationships and in written and oral English.
- S/he must possess familiarity with USAID grants management rules and procedures.
- S/he must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
Method of Application
Applicant should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the post title as subject matter.
Note: Applications should comprise of a capability statement and detailed Curriculum Vitae.
5pm, 6th January, 2017.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG