Regional Security Operations Manager at Creative Associates
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Regional Security Operations Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldSecurity / Intelligence
The Regional Security Operations Manager (RSOM) serves as Creative’s Security and Operations representative for West Africa. The RSOM proactively supports the HQ Security and Field Operations Departments through interacting with Creative’s Project Security Managers (PSMs) and Project Operations Managers (POMs) across West Africa. He/she has the delegated responsibility for the day-to-day management and coordination of field security and operational activities, ensures compliance with corporate security and operations policies and maintains close liaison with the Creative HQ Security and Field Ops Departments. He/she will support Creative’s West Africa projects and help implement a security strategy for approaching new business. This position also contributes to the formulation and implementation of planned strategies and initiatives to enhance Creative’s security and operations programs, including quality and support to all staff in the field.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Security/Operations Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Global Security Operations in HQ, as well as have daily interaction and communication as required, with COP, DCOP and line managers of Security and Operations Departments in the field.
- Support, train and mentor field program staff on all security related matters;
- Support, train and mentor field program staff on all Field Operations related issues;
- Support, train and mentor field program staff on all Operations and logistics issues, interface with HQ Senior Manager Global Operations;
- Frequent travel to project sites all over Nigeria, as required.
- Have and maintain a detailed knowledge of the national and regional security situation, especially in strategic countries for Creative projects in West Africa. This analysis should focus on operating environments, changing political and security dynamics and trends, and how this may affect project operations and implementation;
- Assess field offices to ensure appropriate security measures are in effect and in accordance with the particular needs of the project and its offices, and ensure proper provision of various security services for all field offices;
- Assist the HQ Security Department with the implementation of the Creative Sensitive Information (CSI) Program, which provides for the protection of sensitive information;
- Support HQ travelers and local expats in the event of an emergency;
- Conduct security compliance reviews for field offices in West Africa;
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of security operations in meeting established project goals and objectives;
- Ensure all project Crisis Response, Security, Vetting and Information Security Plans are current, maintained, applicable and being implemented by the projects and subcontractors (when applicable);
- Assist with the development and testing of all projects Crisis Response Plans;
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison for all Creative projects, risk management companies and other security-related contacts in West Africa;
- Remain current on all national and regional security regulations and subsequent implications for Creative projects and future programming;
- Review allegations of possible fraud and misconduct, maintain close liaison and cooperation with Creative HQ in subsequent investigations, and review and update project allegations trackers accordingly;
- Ensure, through the PSMs, that HQ travelers to and new employees in West Africa are provided briefings on security environments, that needed forms are completed by the traveler/employee and filed with the PSMs prior to arrival/travel, and that each receives briefings regarding Creative’s requirements in the Security chapter in the HQ and Field Operations Manuals;
- Support PSMs to ensure the protection of employees, assets, partners, facilities and Creative Sensitive Information (CSI);
- Ensure security requirements are being met by all PSMs, including necessary assessments, plans, and communications with the HQ Security Department;
- Contribute to the overall operation and performance of the PSMs, while advancing their goals and objectives;
- Ensure proper liaison and sharing of information between projects and PSMs;
- Advise HQ Security on the distribution of work among PSMs, including an analysis of skill levels, issues, solutions, etc.
Security Contract Responsibilities
- Develop a ‘strategic partnership with the Risk Management Companies (RMC) country teams throughout West Africa in order to enable to projects to succeed, while responding coherently to changes in the security and operational environment;
- Provide technical oversight of RMC subcontracts on Creative West Africa projects to include:
- Ensuring quality control on and compliance with contractual deliverables, including billing accuracy;
- Ensuring Creative policies and procedures are being followed and implemented;
- Ensuring standards of professional performance and conduct are being met and the level of effort as contractually required by Creative is being fulfilled;
- Ensuring RMCs are fulfilling their requirements to train local national security staff and are adequately overseeing the quality implementation of their contract;
- Reporting on perceived or observed poor practices of subcontractors and providing recommendations for remediation;
- Establishing and maintaining a good collaborative working relationship with the relevant in country representatives and appointed security/risk managers on all security matters;
- Ensuring consistent basic security postures by local national security guards and RMCs are adopted across the different Creative projects in country;
- Adjudicating inter-project/RMC security issues.
- Conduct regular coordination meetings with project security providers, Country Security Representatives and Risk Managers, in all project locations to ensure the highest level of performance is guaranteed;
- Negotiate and facilitate renewal of local national security contracts in support of HQ and on behalf of Creative projects, keeping Creative HQ informed of any changes to the existing structures and potential loopholes;
- Further develop and maintain a strong working relationship with local national security providers, their senior management and personalities of importance to ensure successful contract implementation;
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the original RMC and security provider contracts, including any follow on amendments and modifications.
Regional Operations Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to standard field operations policies, procedures and systems across all Creative projects in West Africa;
- Assist and support project start-ups, including planning and physical logistical start-up;
- Assist and support project close-outs, including planning and physical logistical close-out;
- Assist with HQ and project staff travel to and from West Africa in relation to:
- New project reconnaissance;
- HQ staff business development trips including assisting with logistical arrangements such as security arrangements, accommodation, transportation and other required logistics;
- Research and investigate new or improved security and operations business and management practices for application to Creative programs and operations in West Africa, and share with PSMs, POMs and the HQ Security and Field Operations Departments;
- Identify resources (staff, funding, equipment) required to better support PSMs, POMs and projects.
Management Support and Coordination Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong communication with CoPs, the Senior Manager of Global Security Operations, the Director of Security and the Director of Field Administration on how to improve and adapt in country with reference to project security and operational postures and protocols, which would allow projects to remain safe and operationally effective in an ever changing security environment;
- Oversee and support all security and operations functions of Creative’s projects in West Africa, inclusive of training, mentoring and advising all field office PSMs and POMs;
- Liaise closely and advise CoPs, DCoPs, PSMs, RMCs and POMs on all in-country security and operations matters in a proactive manner by identifying gaps and following up to address those gaps;
- Hold monthly meetings with CoPs and DCoPs in countries to ensure adequate coordination on:
- Business development priorities;
- In country logistics/operations planning;
- Adherence to standard field operations policies/procedures/systems;
- Training on operations and security for staff;
- Ensure that security protocols, upgrades and recommendations are implemented in all project locations;
- Where possible, undertake regular travel to project locations in Nigeria regions and states to assess and obtain relevant first-hand information of project activities and implementation.
- Hold monthly meetings with CoPs and DCoPs in countries to ensure adequate coordination on:
- Develop and maintain relevant sources of information in-country and ensure a good exchange of information and briefings with the CoPs, DCoPs, PSMs, POMs, RMCs and HQ visitors to West African countries.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of security management experience in the context of international development, with a security company that had a relationship with firms similar to Creative;
- At least 5 years’ management experience (i.e. role of PSM or similar);
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a service-oriented approach;
- Ability to work independently and organize time effectively;
- Ability to work in a team in both a leadership and member capacity;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-orientated and flexible work style;
- Prior experience with or knowledge of USAID and its internal operational structures and processes;
- Successful experience and willingness to properly handle confidential and/or sensitive information;
- Expertise with Microsoft Office software;
- Appreciation of and ability to work effectively in diverse work environments;
- Familiarity with Security, HR, financial, logistical, procurement and administrative systems;
- Experience writing and implementing security policies, procedures and protocols.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of USG business practices, such as AIDARs, DFARs, etc.;
- Field-based security and crisis management experience;
- Previous work experience in hostile, post-conflict environments;
- Familiarity with international education, stability sector and/or democracy and governance, Creative’s core business lines.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Creative Associates International career website on rew21.ultipro.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG