Technology Vacancy at TheJobMag
Our Client, a Non-Governmental organisation, committed to instituting a culture of good governance and public accountability in Nigeria through active citizenship, is seeking to recruit a Media Manager to implement her media strategy across traditional and new media platforms nationwide.
IT & Database Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 – 5 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
The ideal candidate would lead the development, management & maintenance of the organisation’s primary website and project websites. Developing and monitoring of ongoing web based media campaigns as well as management of the organisation’s IT and media assets (online & offline) e.g. hardware, software, pictures & videos etc.
If you interested in this position then you should be aware that your key responsibilities would include:
- Continous development of the Organisation’s website
- Increasing the site’s search engine optimization and ranking through search engine ranking, meta descriptions and site sharing.
- Establishing online marketing initiatives to increase site traffic (registration with other election related sites, sharing of news and blogs with other sites, engaging with other commonâ€ interest sites).
- Designing web pages including graphics, visuals, video and functionality in conjunction with the organisation’s technical team.
- Monitoring web traffic and providing monthly reports.
- Providing troubleshooting support and liaison with web and email providers, as required.
- Assist in the development of web publicity campaigns, as required.
- Building and maintaining required databases.
- Developing web applications (e.g. mobile applications), as required.
- Co-manage the organisation’s online platforms
Desired Competencies & Experience
To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Possession of a degree in Multimedia Design, Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field.
- 3- 5 years previous work experience in a similar role
- Proficient with Fireworks, Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign or other design and video-editing software
- Strong understanding of best practices for online usability, accessibility and search engine optimization.
- High comfort level with social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, 2go etc.
- Ability to design templates for e-newsletters and graphics such as banners & logos
- Knowledge of web trends, analytics and necessary tools to track & manage
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good research skills with excellent computer skills and time management skills.
- Display a high level of attention to detail while being able to work well under pressure
- Experience with online marketing initiatives.
- Knowledge of database management programs
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.
- Demonstrates an analytical & systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to make decisions which influence the success of a project or enhances team objectives.
- Knowledge of Nigerian languages and previous NGO experience is desirable but not compulsory
- High degree of trustworthiness, discretion & confidentiality.
Method of Application
Do you have what it takes? Then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CVs email@example.comDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG