UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form is on Sale – 2016/17
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina, UMYU commences sales of 2016/2017 academic session postgraduate programmes admission form.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following full-time Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Ph.D programmes of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina for the 2016/2017 academic session commencing in March, 2017.
UMYU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
he following shall qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale or its equivalent in relevant areas;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) without Education obtained at credit level with a three years relevant postgraduate experience;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
- Candidates with third class degree in areas other than Education can be considered after three years relevant postgraduate experience. Those in the Education may be considered in their area of specialization;
- All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
he following shall qualify for the Master’s Degree Programmes: –
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelors degree with at least Second-Class Honors (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale. Candidates with Second-Class Lower who do not make up CGPA of 3.00 must possess a Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized institution with at least a credit level pass (CGPA 3.50) in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
The following shall qualify for Professional Masters’ degree admission:
- Candidates who possess Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) at a scale of 5 and at least a credit pass at Postgraduate Diploma (CGPA 3.50) of a recognized Institution;
- Candidates with any Bachelor’s degree in Third Class division who have at least five years relevant working experience.
.MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (M.Phil)
The following shall qualify for Master of Philosophy admission: –
- Graduates of Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale shall be required to register for M.Phil/Ph.D and must score a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.d in the proposed area.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
The following shall qualify for the Doctor of Philosophy admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with CGPA of 3.50 in the appropriate proposed areas of study;
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained Masters of Philosophy degree with CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.D in the appropriate proposed areas of study;
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelors degree in Second Class lower division (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
- Candidate must state the proposed area of Research and submit a synopsis of not less than 500 words of the proposed topic of research.
In addition to the requirements above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s matriculation requirements i.e five credit passes at the O’level to include English and Mathematics.
All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
UMYU POSTGRADUATE AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Ed. Curriculum and Instructions
- Ed. Educational Psychology
- Ed. Education Management
Department of Library and Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information and Record Management (PGDIRM)
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
Department of Arabic
- A. Arabic
- D Arabic
Department of Nigerian Languages (Hausa)
- A. Hausa
- D. Hausa
Department of History and Security Studies
- A History
- D. History
Department of Islamic Studies
- A. Islamic Studies
- D. Islamic Studies
Department of English and French
- A. English
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Economics
- Sc. Economics
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Sc. Chemistry
Department of Geography
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD)
- Sc. Geography
- D. Geography
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Sc. Computer Science
- Sc. Mathematics
Department of Biology
- Sc. Biology
- Postgraduate Diploma – 2 to 4 Semesters
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD) – 2 to 4 Semesters
- A./M.Sc. – 4 to 6 Semesters
- D – 6 to 10 Semesters
UMYU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates for all the Postgraduate Programmes can apply online via the University url http://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplication/ from Monday, 7th November, 2016 to 31st December, 2016.
The procedures of payment of application fees (N10, 500) are available athttp://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplication/ .
All candidates are expected to request their previous institutions to forward copies of their academic transcripts accompanied by Form B, to the Secretary Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina.
Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG