The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
WASH Specialist, P-3
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Engineering / Technical Medical / Health Safety and Environment / HSE
Purpose of the Position
- Accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programme to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives.
Key Expected Results
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective programme planning, development and management, including emergency preparedness and response.
- Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key WASH sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange.
- Quality of rights-based WASH programmes effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to programme management process through results-based management and strategies.
- Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches. Programme monitored with special attention to gender/sex disaggregation of relevant indicators.
- Programme delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- UNICEF’s global goals effectively promoted through advocacy and policy dialogue in the WASH sector.
- Proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability ensured regarding supply, non-supply and emergency assistance as well as disbursement of programme funds for the WASH sector.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration including support to the IASC WASH Cluster.
Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Programme/project Planning, Development and Management:
- Enhance effective programme, sectoral or inter-sectoral, planning, development and management by leading, guiding, coordinating and supporting the timely completion of the Situational Analysis and its periodic update through accurate and complete monitoring and analysis, and the timely preparation or finalization of sectoral input.
- Ensure inclusion and delivery on sectoral leadership responsibilities including leadership and facilitation of the IASC WASH Cluster.
- Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, situation analysis, experience or lessons learned; promote knowledge sharing and technical input or recommendations on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the country.
Rights-Based Programme with Results-Based Approach:
- Promote the quality of rights-based WASH programme and programmes through participation in the formulation of programme/project goals, strategies and approaches. Bring coherence, synergy and added value to programme management processes using a results-based management approach to planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
Sectoral Work Plan Development, Implementation, and Monitoring:
- Takes primary responsibility for the development of the sectoral work plan and technical decisions as well as for project management, implementation and monitoring of assigned project/sectoral activity, in compliance with the defined project strategies and approaches.
- Support maintenance of information system for monitoring gender/sex disaggregated data.
Programme Management, Delivery, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation. Participation in major evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sector review meetings with government counterparts.
- Ensure the preparation of annual WASH sector status reports.
- Ensure adequate and transparent evaluation of emergency preparedness and response.
Promotion of UNICEF’s Global Goals:Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG