UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission form is Out for 2017/2018 session. See here the courses, admission requirements and application procedure below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Programmes of the University of Uyo, for the 2017/2018 academic session as follows:
UNIUYO Postgraduate Courses
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension: M. Sc. & Ph.D. in: Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension
Department of Animal Science: M. Sc. & Ph. D in Animal Science with specialization in: Animal Biochemistry and Nutrition, Animal Breeding and Genetics, Animal Production and Management, Animal Physiology, Meat & Dairy Science i.e Animal Products Technology.
Department of Crop Science: M. Sc. in Crop Science, Ph. D in Crop Science with specialization in: Crop Production, Crop Physiology, Farming System, Horticulture, Weed Science, Entomology, Crop Breeding Genetics & Biotechnology, Pathology.
Department of Soil Science: M. Sc. &Ph. D. in Soil Science
Department of Food Science & Technology: M.Sc. in Brewing Science & Technology, M.Sc. & Ph. D. in Food Science & Technology
Department of Forestry & Wildlife: M. Sc. & Ph. D. in Forestry & Wildlife
Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture: M. Sc. & Ph.D. in: Fisheries & Aquaculture, Aquatic Environmental Management
Department of Human Ecology & Dietetics: M. Sc. in Home Economics Centre for Wetlands and Waste Management Studies: M.Sc. in Environmental Health Management (EHM)
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF ARTS
Department of Communication Arts: M.A & Ph. D in Mass Communication with specialization in: Business and Organizational Communication, Radio/TV Broadcasting, Print Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising, Development Communication and Political Communication
Department of English: M. A. and Ph.D English with specialization in: Language, Literature
Department of Foreign Languages: M. A. in French. Ph.D in French Language, Literature in French and Translation Studies
Department of History & International Studies: M. A in History & International Studies with specialization in: Archeology of Nigeria, African History, Social & Political History, Economic History, Urban History, International History and Diplomacy, Peace and Conflict Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Gender Studies. Ph. D in History and International Studies with specialization in: International History and Diplomacy, African Diaspora Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies, Gender Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Archeology and Cultural Heritage Management.
Department of Linguistics and Nigerian Languages: M. A. & Ph. D in Linguistics, M.A. in Computational Language Documentation, Ph. D in Computational Language Technology.
Department of Religious and Cultural Studies: M. A. & Ph. D in Religious Studies with specialization in: Sociology of Religion, Biblical Studies: (1) Old Testament, (2) New Testament, African Traditional Religion, Church History, Philosophy of Religion.
Department of Philosophy: M. A. & Ph.D in Philosophy with specialization in: Epistemology, Metaphysics, Value Theories, Socio-Political Philosophy, African Philosophy, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophy of Science, Philosophy of Education, Philosophy of Law, History of Philosophy, Philosophy & Gender Studies, Logic, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Social Science, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy & Public Affairs, Philosophy of Medicine, Philosophy of Environment.
Department of Music: M.A. in Music.
Department of Theatre Arts: M. A. in Theatre Arts
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Department of Biochemistry: M. Sc. & Ph. D in Biochemistry
Department of Anatomy: M. Sc. & Ph. D in Anatomy
Department of Physiology: M. Sc. & Ph. D. in Human Physiology
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Management, Marketing, Insurance and Risk Management. Collaborative Ph. D in: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Management, Marketing
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
Department of Medical Microbiology & Parasitology: Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Medical Microbiology & Parasitology
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Institute of Education: Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Department of Curriculum Studies, Educational Management & Planning: M. Ed. & Ph. D in: Curriculum Studies, Educational Management & Planning
Department of Educational Foundations, Guidance and Counselling: M. Ed. & Ph. D in: Guidance & Counseling, Educational Psychology , Sociology of Education, Educational Evaluation, Social Studies in Education and Philosophy of Education.
Department of Physical & Health Education: Physical Education: M. Sc(Ed.) in: Adapted Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, Organization & Administration of Physical Education & Sports, Sociology & Psychology of Sports. Ph.D in: Organization & Administration of Physical Education and Sports, Exercise Physiology, Adapted Physical Education, Sports Psychology, Sociology of Sports Health Education: M. Sc(Ed.) in: Community Health, School Health, Environmental and Occupational Health. Ph. D in Public Health Education
Department of Educational Technology & Library Science: Master in Library and Information Science (MLIS), M.Sc (Ed) in Educational Technology Ph. D in Library and Information Science with specialization in: Library Science, Information Science, Archives and Records Management, Publishing and Book Trade. Ph. D in: Educational Technology
Department of Early Childhood & Special Education: M.Ed & Ph. D. in: Early Childhood Education
Department of Vocational Education: M.Ed. in: Textile Technology Education, M. Sc (Ed.) & Ph. D in: Agricultural Education, Business Education, Technical Education, Computer Education & Home Economics Education
Department of Science Education: Master of Science Education M.Sc. (Ed.) & Ph.D in: Biology Education, Chemistry Education, Integrated Science Education, Mathematics Education, Physics Education
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Petroleum Engineering, Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Chemical Engineering Master & Ph.D in Chemical Engineering with specialization in: Advanced Chemical Engineering, Environmental Process Engineering, Chemical Process Design, Petroleum Processing Engineering, Biochemical Engineering. M. Eng. & Ph. D in Petroleum Engineering with specialization in: Production Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, Gas Engineering, Georesources Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering.
Department of Mechanical Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Mechanical Engineering, M. Eng. & Ph. D in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in: Production Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Materials Engineering.
Department of Computer/Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Computer Engineering, Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. M. Eng. in Computer Engineering with specialization in: Computer (Hardware) Engineering, Software & Systems Engineering. M. Eng. in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with specialization in: Electric Power Devices (Machines), Electrical Power Engineering. Control Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering,
Department of Food and Agricultural Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Food and Agricultural Engineering. M. Eng. & Ph. D in Food Engineering with specialization in: Food Process Engineering, Food Machinery and Equipment Engineering, Food Storage, Distribution and Environmental Engineering.
M. Eng. & Ph. D in Agricultural Engineering with specialization in: Farm Power and Machinery (FPM), Agricultural Products Processing and Storage, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering (SWE), Farm Structures and Environment
Department of Civil Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Civil Engineering Master of Civil Engineering degree (M. Engr.) in the following areas of specialization: Structural Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Health Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering.
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
Department of Architecture: M. Sc. in Architecture
Department of Building: M. Sc & Ph. D in Construction Management
Department of Estate Management: M.Sc. & Ph. D in Estate Management
Department of Fine & Industrial Arts: Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in: Ceramics, Painting, Sculpture, Textiles, Graphics. Master of Arts in Art Education (M.A. Art Education). Ph. D in Fine & Industrial Arts with specialization in: Ceramics Design and Technology, Graphics Design and Technology, Painting and Painting Technology, Textiles Design and Technology, Sculpture.
Department of Urban & Regional Planning: Master of Urban & Regional Planning (MURP), M.Sc. in Environmental Management. Ph. D in Urban & Regional Planning
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF LAW: LLM & Ph. D in Law
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF PHARMACY
Department of Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry: M.Sc. & Ph. D in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry with specialization in: Synthesis and Characterization of Chemotherapeutic Agents Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics of Drugs and Effects on Drug Therapy, Chemistry of Natural Products.
Department of Pharmacognosy and Natural Medicine: M. Sc. in Pharmacognosy and Natural Medicine with specialization in: Phytochemistry, Biological Evaluation of Natural Products, Cultivation and Propagation of Medicinal Plants, Tissue Culture. Ph.D in Pharmacognosy
Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology: M.Sc. & Ph. D in: Pharmacology
Department of Pharmaceutical/Pharmaceutical Technology: Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology M.Sc in Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Microbiology. Ph.D in Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Technology. Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Biopharmacy Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Clinical Pharmacy. Ph.D in Clinical Pharmacy
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Botany & Ecological Studies: M. Sc & Ph. D Botany with specialization in: Cytogenetics & Genetics, Plant Physiology/Phytochemistry, Plant Ecology, Plant Taxonomy/Systematics, Plant Virology/Pathology, Plant Anatomy.
Department of Chemistry: M.Sc & Ph. D in: Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry.
Department of Computer Science: M.Sc. in Computer Science. Ph.D. in Computational Intelligence
Department of Mathematics & Statistics: M.Sc. in Statistics. M.Sc. & Ph. D in: Mathematics
Department of Microbiology: M.Sc. & Ph. D in: Environmental Microbiology, Industrial & Food Microbiology
Department of Physics: M.Sc. & Ph.D in Physics with specialization in: Pure Physics: Atomic/Nuclear Physics, High Energy/Particle Physics, Plasma Physics, Solid State/Condensed Matter Physics, Theoretical Computational Physics Applied Physics: Electronics/Communications, Geophysics, Atmospheric Physics, Radiation/Health Physics, Renewable Energy.
Department of Zoology: M. Sc & Ph. D in: Parasitology, Hydrobiology, Entomology.
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission – FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Economics: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Economics. M.Sc & Ph.D in Economics with specialization in: Development Economics, Monetary Economics, Public Finance, Environmental Economics, International Economics.
Department of Geography & Regional Planning:
1. M.Sc.& Ph. D in Geography and Natural Resource Management with Specialization in: Geography & Environmental Management, Biogeography, Agricultural Geography, Climatology and Climate Change Studies, Rural Land use Planning, Urban Studies, Regional Development Planning, Environmental/Resource Management, Population Studies and Medical Geography, Economics Geography, Transport Planning and Management, Natural Disaster and Risk Management, Tourism Geography, Geographic Information System, Water Studies.
2. M.Sc. & Ph.D in Environment and Development
3. Master of Geographic Information System (MGIS).
Department of Political Science and Public Administration: M.Sc. and Ph. D in: Public Administration, International Relations. Ph. D in Comparative Politics
Department of Psychology: M.Sc. and Ph.D with options in: Clinical Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Social Psychology.
Department of Sociology/Anthropology: M. Sc. and Ph. D in: Sociology & Development, Criminology, Industrial Sociology, Medical Sociology, Rural and Community Development, Social /Cultural Anthropology, Demography.
i. All Full-time Master’s degree programmes last for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum period of six semesters.
ii. All Full-time Doctoral Programmes last for a minimum period of six semesters and a maximum period of ten semesters.
iii (a) PGD in Education last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
(b) PGD in Engineering last for a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters for all full time students.
(c) PGD in Economics last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Duration of UNIUYO postgraduate Programmes.
- All Full-time Master’s degree programmes last for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum period of six semesters.
- All Full-time Doctoral Programmes last for a minimum period of six semesters and a maximum period of ten semesters.
- PGD in Education last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
- PGD in Engineering last for a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters for all full time students.
- PGD in Economics last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
Candidates Eligible for UNIUYO postgraduate Programmes.
- To qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme, applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to first degree or holders of recognized Higher National Diploma.
- To qualify for admission into a Master’s degree programme, applicants should be graduates with not less than Second Class Honours degrees in the Lower Division with, (a) CGPA of 2.75 on a five-point scale, (b) CGPA of 2.2 points on a four-points scale and (c) Second Class lower division (irrespective of CGPA) for the Master’s degree programme in Architecture. (d) Candidates for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of either of the following: (i) Microbiology with 2.75 CGPA (ii) Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM) (iii) MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
- Applicants for admission into Doctoral Degree programmes should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, who possess Master’s degrees with dissertation and course work average, which should not be less than 60% (B).
- Applicants will be required to have credit pass at ‘O’ Level in five relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2010 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
- Applicants for LLM & Ph. D in Law must in addition to the above have credit passes in ‘O’ Level English Literature.
- All applicants will be subjected to Screening Tests which dates would be published later.
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificates must be submitted by all applicants.
- Applicants who obtained their degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally e. through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
- In addition to other qualifications, applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes.
Applicants must return their completed forms with a Thesis/Dissertation Proposal captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School proposal sheet. Such proposals should capture the following: Title, Aim/Objectives, Relevance of Study, Methodology, Expected Results among others.
Candidates should remember to request at the time of purchase of the forms that their relevant academic transcript and letters of reference be forwarded to: The Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Uyo, P.M.B. 1017, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Admissions will not normally be offered without transcripts and letters of reference.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Form.
Application Forms can be accessed ONLINE on payment of the sum of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only: To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) via http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng and make payment in any commercial bank nationwide. After payment return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Login form Link and enter your RRR.
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
- Visit http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng or uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
- Select Admission Forms Link
- Select e-Form(s) Option
- Select Programme Type (Example; Masters(Full-Time) etc) as the Admission Form Type
- Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email
- Click the PAY NOW button to make payment
- Payment can be made online or Bank branch via Remita Platform
- After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link
- Note your login credentials generated
- Login and complete your registration.
CLOSING DATE: All completed Application Forms with photocopies of relevant credentials and duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the application form should reach the Office of the Secretary, Postgraduate School not later than six weeks from the date of this publication. Applications received after the above deadline may not be considered.
Date of publication is – 7-6-2016.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG