The University of Lagos has a well-equipped library. UNILAG library is one of the best in the nation.
Here is a welcome remark from the desk of the university’s librarian.
You are most welcome to our newly re-designed website. The re-designing of our website has been necessitated by the drive and commitment to providing a user – friendly and pleasurable access to one of the enriching University Library collections in Nigeria and the African continent at large.
Undoubtedly, we are a Library committed in vision:
- To be the primary and foremost source of reliable information for the University Community, in a quest to realize the noble vision concerning teaching research and community service
And by mission statements, we wish:
- To provide information services to meet the information needs of members of the University Community
- To make information activity most rewarding and enjoyable for various categories of users in the community. The Library’s aim is to promote greater utilization of Library services for research.
To this end, we shall not stop at any length to create and continually re-create the navigable gateway to our resources which will definitely bring you to our collections and bring our collections to you.
Inaugurated with the Establishment University of Lagos in 1962, the University of Lagos Library can pride itself in a ceaseless 52 years of providing Library and Information Service to both its immediate academic community and beyond. Race and clime are no barriers to the myriads of information resources offered to our clientele as the Library has been enjoying patronage locally and internationally.
A navigation of this website will provide you a succinct précis of the types of collections and services available. Your experience will also reveal our yearning to improve on our services through the innovation of some budding projects such as the establishment of a ‘Visually Impaired Resource Centre” and the population of our Institutional Repository. It may also interest you that ours is one of the University Libraries in Nigeria that provide a 24 – hour reading facility to students during examinations.
A major strength of our Library is the utilization of the Information and Communication Technology as a tool in facilitating Information service provision. The Library Management System (LMS) – the Millennium an Integrated Library System (ILS) which is powered by Innovative while Library Resources are widely accessible through the Open Access Catalogue (OPAC).
In summary, the University of Lagos Library has in its holdings almost 500,000 volumes of books and 803,025 volumes of journals. Within this collection are the invaluable Africana Collections and Government documents. Aside these, it also has a sizeable rich collections of newspapers and private papers. It is believed access to these resources will make a world of difference in your research experience.
We wish you a most pleasurable and highly rewarding exploration of our website.
The University Library’s vision is to be the primary and foremost source/vessel of reliable information for the University Community in its quest to realise its noble vision concerning teaching, research and community services.
The Library set out to provide information services to meet the intellectual needs of members of the University community; and make information seeking activity most rewarding and enjoyable for various categories of users in the community. The Library’s aim is to promote greater utilization of library services for research.
- The University Library goals include but are not limited to the following:
- To make the library collection rich, adequate and a pride of the University.
- To render more friendly services to meet user needs.
- To provide documentation services on results of local research in order to improve the university’s participation in the two-way flow of research results, and the visibility of the library.
- To take information products and services to the users’ bases, wherever they may be.
- To establish and instil a culture of on-line searching in users.
- To automate major library processes, so that performing library activities are faster, easier and more convenient for users and library personnel.
- To provide a 24-hour reading services in the library.You can access the website of the UNILAG’s LIBRARY HERE.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG