The West African College of Nursing, A specialized Agency of the West African Health organization announces a Certificate course for NURSES on Disaster Nursing: Emergency Preparedness Holding at the School of Midwifery Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
INTRODUCTION: West African college of Nursing (WACN), an agency of the west African health organisation (WAHO) Comprising of five Anglophone countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Liberia and Sierra Leone) and one Francophone country – Republic of Benin presents a certificate course in Disaster Nursing: Emergency preparedness/ Management of the critically and multiple injured victims of a disaster.
In the recent past, disasters both natural nad man made had been on the increase both at the national and international level. The morbidity and mortality from such disasters call for prompt and emergency preparedness and management. Disasters from road traffic accidents, collapsed buildings, fire disaster, plane crash, flood, industrial accidents are managed by a team of health professionals such as the Doctors, Nurses, physiotherapists etc. The role of the Nurse in such occurrences cannot be overemphasised. Other agencies involved are the police, the federal road safety commission, and the fire brigade and Ambulance services.
AIM: The course is designed to equip nurses with adequate knowledge, skills and attitude necessary in the management of victims of disasters.
At the end of the course, participants would be able to:
- Identify the different roles of the emergency medical team in disaster situation.
- Give appropriate emergency/first aid measure to victims of disaster.
- Initiate appropriate management of all body systems affected during disaster.
- Educate the public towards the importance of community participation during disaster.
- Initiate and conduct triage for multiple injured victims of disasters.
- Develop a national guideline on emergency management of disaster victims.
- Registered Nurses
- Qualified Nurses practicing in the Accident and Emergency Department of their hospitals, Off Shore Medics/ Nurses, Field Medics/ Nurses, Rig Nurses in the oil and gas sector
- Nurse Clinicians in the multiple areas of practice.
- Registered Nurses with the Nursing and Midwifery council of Nigeria with a current license to practice
- Nurse Clinicians in the following areas of practice.
Government hospitals, private hospitals, Neuro-psychiatric Hospitals, industries, corporate institutions, educational institutions, teaching hospitals, specialist hospitals e.g. National orthopaedic hospital, Armed forces (police, army, navy, air force), federal road safety commission, customs, prisons, airport authority, red cross society, fire services, old peoples home, Nursing homes, Rehabilitation centres, Non-governmental organization, missions hospitals
Arrival Date: Sunday 26th March 2017
Venue: The Auditorium, School of Midwifery, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Departure: Saturday 1st April 2017
Registration Fee: N30,000
Payment Details: Nwaobi Jude
Bank: Zenith Bank
Account Details: 2007695876
Click HERE to download Course flyer and invitation letter
For enquiries and registration:
- Mrs Elizabeth Okankwu (FWACN)
WACN ZONAL CHAIRMAN,
C/O school of midwifery, Portharcourt, Rivers State Nigeria
- Mrs Maxwel Dorcas (FWACN)
C/O School of Post Basic Nursing Studies
University of Portharcourt Teaching Hospital, Rivers State, Nigeria
Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG