Administration and Liaison Supervisor at ALIMA – Alliance For International Medical Action
ALIMA is recruiting for a Logistics Manager M/F for its programs in Nigeria-Monguno. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.Administration and Liaison Supervisor at Alima – Alliance For International Medical Action ALIMA is recruiting for a Logistics Manager M/F for its Administration and Liaison Supervisor at Alima – Alliance For International Medical Action ALIMA is recruiting for a Logistics Manager M/F for its Administration and Liaison Supervisor at Alima – Alliance For International Medical Action ALIMA is recruiting for a Logistics Manager M/F for its Administration and Liaison Supervisor at Alima – Alliance For International Medical Action ALIMA is recruiting for a Logistics Manager M/F for its Administration and Liaison Supervisor at Alima – Alliance For International Medical Action ALIMA is recruiting for a Logistics Manager M/F for its
THE ALIMA ASSOCIATION
ALIMA’s aim since its creation in 2009 is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
By joining us, you will integrate a young and dynamic organization and contribute to its associative development as well as its operational impact on the field. As Head of Mission, you will have the opportunity to manage challenging and innovative medical programs in the line of ALIMA’s values and objectives while bringing your humanitarian experience.
Since its creation, the association and its partners have successfully developed in line with the increase in humanitarian medical needs, especially in Western and Central Africa: 650,000 patients treated in 2015 including over 48,000 hospitalizations, new governance between the partners of the medical NGO platform in the Sahel, new innovative approaches and operational research projects. With operations in nine countries, 17 projects + 7 research projects, over 1,300 employees and a budget of €35 million in 2016, ALIMA is a dynamic NGO, effectively deploying medical aid for the most vulnerable.
Administration And Liaison Supervisor
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial Human Resources / HR
ALIMA Nigeria is seeking to recruit dynamic and suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians for the following vacant position:
- Job Title : Administration and Liaison Supervisor
- Level : Level 6
- Tenure : Fixed Term (Renewable)
- Department : Human Resources
- Reports to : Human Resources Coordinator
- Location : Abuja (with frequent travels to the field)
- Job Summary
- Key End Results and typical Responsibilities:
1.Country Office and Field offices/guest house operates optimally
- Incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that ALIMA premises, guest house and staff accommodation functions properly; contracts are renewed/revised as maybe needed.
- Ensures that administration issues from field office; generator, facilities repairs and office contracts are addressed in a timely manner
- Reviews all ALIMA offices health and safety protocol and ensure that staff are aware of procedures
- Works with HR to ensure that international staff accommodation is equipped in accordance with SOPs
- Liaises with Office premises landlords to ensure that any repairs to facilities and fixtures are done in accordance with the lease
- Ensures that office sitting arrangements and furniture is procured and delivered to all ALIMA offices (Abuja and field)
- Works closely with programme team to do field office upgrades and to open new bases in line with Country programme requirements
- Develops and monitors cost efficient systems for all facilities, admin expense and guest houses
- Travels to all field offices periodically to ensure that staff admin issues are addressed
2.Asset and stock Management
- Oversees that all ALIMA assets are tracked, documented and the register is kept up to date all the time and the register is shared monthly
- Ensure that each asset custodian acknowledges assets in their possession and copies are filed
- Ensures that ALIMA assets in the field, guest houses and staff accommodation are accounted for all the time
- Ensures that disposal of assets is done in accordance with ALIMA guidance, donor guidelines and relevant approval is sort
- Oversees the tagging of all ALIMA assets
- Develops and review SOPs for dealing with lost assets with approval from Coordination Team
- Ensures that office supplies are always available in all ALIMA offices
- Ensure efficient use of office supplies
- Ensure office security through managing security guards as well as institute office access screening processes.
3.Government and Partner liaison
- Meet with government Ministries to discuss issues that affect Country programme operations
- Oversee the timely processing of visa, permits, alien registration for visitors
- Works with Human Resources Coordinator to ensure that ALIMA Nigeria registration documents are up-to-date
- Engages with government departments to represent ALIMA on high level meetings and communicate minutes to Coordination and programme team
- Link-up with Field team leaders and support them on strategic registration issues within their States and liaise with Federal Government in Abuja respective offices
- Liaises with ALIMA partners on admin and operations issues
4.General Admin, Travel and accommodation
- Oversees that the office stationery and other amenities are available at all times and helps field offices with processing of requisitions in the same area where local markets are not flourishing
- Oversee that staff travel is timely and any registrations required by UNHAS is up-to-date
- Ensure that payments are done on time for services and goods received
- Work with Logistics officer to develop SOPs for staff transport in country
- Work with Logistics Coordinator to ensure that visiting staff is accommodated in security cleared hotels
- Ensure that all Admin suppliers, rents, facilities bills, UNHAS deposit, petty cash is paid/replenished in a timely manner
- Review/develop SOPs for staff accommodation in Abuja and other major cities who travel on business
- Oversee the staff welfare in coordination with HR and Logistics officer
- Oversee delivery of mail, packages, supplies to Field offices
- Oversee that travel reports are produced monthly, quarterly and shared with the region
- Oversee that Asset register is updated and shared with HR Coordinator monthly.
- Initiatives on carbon footprint shows ALIMA Nigeria’s environment sensitivity
- Admin expenses are analysed periodically
- Work with Supplies and Logistics manager and finance to develop a supplier invoice recording, tracking and payment report that will be shared with relevant internal clients and suppliers monthly
III. Dealing with Problems:
- Ensure that in country travel no shows are reduced to zero
- Post holder will have to come up with mechanism for cost reduction for admin(Country office and field offices)
- Incumbent needs to ensure that all assets, regardless of location; are on the register ant updated monthly
- There is a need for diplomacy and flexibility in dealing with host government, partners and suppliers
- Cultivating and maintaining a good relation with the Government officials to ensure that ALIMA Nigeria operations run smoothly
- Timely repairs of facilities both Country office and field are prioritised
- The position requires that the post holder be able to respond to multiple, urgent demands from country team and other stake holders.
- Dealing with conflicting demands and field operations challenges
- Qualification and Experience
- A degree in Human Resources, Business administration/Accounting or equivalent
- Excellent technical knowledge on general administration areas as indicated by the duties above
- Knowledge of operational and logistics support in volatile emergency conditions is an advantage
- Knowledge of the Operations Manual to support a changing program
- Firsthand experience and knowledge of working in conflict sensitive country environments
- Knowledge of contract development and management
All applications marked “Application for the Position of Administration and Liaison Supervisor” should be addressed to email
The closing date for receipt of applications is before close of business on Tuesday 28th February 2017.
ALIMA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by visiting www.alima-ngo.org to apply.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG