See Millet Sourdough Technology Project Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 here. Check out the details of Millet Sourdough Technology Project Postgraduate Scholarship.
Value & Duration: Students tuition fee and all operational costs will be met from a recently sponsored project by Building on the Successes of the Africa-Brazil Agricultural Innovation Marketplace (M-BoSs). The scholarships will be for 30 months’ starting from May 2017 through to November 2019.
- Ph.D. in Food Processing and Preservation
- Ph.D. in Food Microbiology/Biotechnology
- Ph.D. in Nutrition and Dietetics
- M.Sc. in Food Processing and Preservation
- M.Sc. in Food Quality Control and Assurance
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- All the Ph.D. and M.Sc. Programmes are on full-time basis.
The M-BoSs project is to promote the nutritious and health benefits of millet sourdough and extruded snacks for sustainable food & nutritional security to improve livelihoods in West Africa. In the context of SDG 2 to achieve food security, improved nutrition and sustainable agriculture, it is imperative to increase benefits from underutilized crops like millet, as there are facts that increased consumption of millet-based food is key to improving the nutritional status and reduce poverty in West Africa. Therefore, continued millet cultivation and utilization for improvement of the nutritional status of people in West African countries is important. Efforts to sustain millet processing for human consumption have been limited by poor post-harvest management and dearth of information on proven & sustainable processing technologies. Hence, this project seeks to showcase more nutritional benefits of processed products from millet grains through development, pilot scale demonstration, adoption and dissemination of innovative and adaptable sourdough technology in West Africa.
The Millet Sourdough project has four specialty areas which are Food Processing, Food Safety, Nutrition and Agricultural Extension. Graduate students are needed for research work in these listed field and study.
The following eligibility criteria apply to this scholarship:
- The scholarship is open to national and international candidates in the listed field. Applicants must already have been awarded a Second-Class Honours degree or hold equivalent qualifications or relevant and substantial research experience.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to both undertake independent research and also to work collaboratively within a team to achieve project objectives.
- Demonstrated motivation and communication skills to participate in industry relevant research.
- Knowledge and skills that will be ranked highly include:
– Advanced chemical analytical technologies
– Experience in field work
– Cutting edge microbial population analyses techniques
– Ability to handle dietary and anthropometric software packages
– Statistical analyses.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the Scholarship programme. The field of interest should be the subject of the e-mail.
- Signed C.V in pdf format
- Certified scanned copies of all University degrees
- Research Concept note (3-5 pages).
All applications for the Scholarship should be forwarded to the e-mail address: [email protected] Send your application to the Projector Investigator (PI) to indicate your interest.
Application ends February 25, 2017.
Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG