Area Sales Managers at Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
Area Sales Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience3 years
- LocationKano, Lagos, Nasarawa, Ogun
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Business Development
The successful candidate will be to maximize revenue and subscriber acquisition (gross and net additions) opportunities in assigned territory through channel effectiveness (wholesale & retail), adequate recharge availability and implementation of planned sales & distribution and marketing strategies.
Vacancy Locations – Lagos, Ogun, Nasarawa & Kano
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve recharge sales target within state/area –
- To ensure adequate availability of all recharge denominations in sub CP and retail points.
- To ensure channel partners are making stock available and distributing to their network of sub-CPs and retailers
- To achieve ERC, RCV and E-pin target in agreed ratios.
- Constantly identify opportunities for driving activation and recharge sales within territory.
- Achieve Share of Gross & Net Additions (SOGA & SONA) –
- Ensure full-fledged achievement of Gross Adds targets by driving market initiatives in assigned area.
- Effective management of direct activation teams and monitoring of CP bus activation activities.
- KYC Optimization at Trade level by ensuring adequate and functional deployment of KYC kits
- Drive KYC inactivity to nil
- Other initiatives to increase GAD including new site launch
- Ensure activation of Quality GADs in assigned area.
- Develop and implement activities that will increase SONA in assigned area.
- Implementation of customer driven activities (product launches, town storms etc) in assigned area.
- Drive voice and data business performance by implementation of revenue generating activities and initiatives in assigned territory.
Channel branding and visibility –
- Ensure appropriate and effective outlet branding is carried out in line with the “look of success” within the territory.
- Identify visibility opportunities for Airtel brand within the territory.
- To ensure ITP increases and gives impetus to iCMS and iRMS
- Effective management of POS stock in warehouse to avoid damage, wastage and obsolete materials.
- Train Market Developers on POS deployment in line with “look of success”.
Distribution Infrastructure –
- To recruit appropriate number of Retailers- RSOs, SSOs, ERCOs in line with scientific distribution requirements.
- Migrate all other retailers to become one stop shop SSOs and SSOs.
- Maintain ratio of RSO(5):SSO(1) in line with scientific distribution.
- Maintain KYC infra ratio of 1kit:3 SSOs.
- To identify and recruit suitable sub channel partners in territory for effective product re-distribution.
BTS Management –
- Ensure constant CLS elimination.
- Develop subscriber acquisition and other marketing initiatives to drive revenue in CLS site locations.
- New Site Launch Plan and Distribution Preparedness.
- Effectively drive and manage target driven initiatives and project.
Industry Awareness/Competition Intelligence –
- To effectively report competitive activities within assigned territory and implement adequate counter initiatives.
- Track on-going initiatives in Market.
- To immediately address or escalate any unusual competitor activity and sale support that may be a threat to performance of the business.
Relevant Skill and Experience
- Bachelors in Social sciences, marketing, business management, engineering or computer science
- Master’s in business administration or management will be an advantage
- Project management qualification will be an advantage
- 3+ years of commercial/ business management experience
- Team leadership experience
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in the Telecommunications space
- Computer literacy
- Sales knowledge
- Product/ Service development
- Product/ Service management
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer orientation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Airtel career website on www.linkedin.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG