Country Director at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience12 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial NGO/Non-Profit
- We are seeking to engage a Country Director to drive the continued growth of Palladium in Nigeria. This will be a high profile and exciting role, as Palladium builds on its current profile to extend the range of its services and clients.
- We require an individual who is up to this challenge and is able to combine outstanding leadership and communication skills with the ability to work comfortably with donors, the public sector and private sector clients. This can be a career defining role for the right person.
- The purpose of the role is to lead the growth of Palladium’s business activities in Nigeria.
- This will include both oversight of existing project activities, in partnership with project teams, and the initiation and support of new business development.
- New business development will include providing support to Palladium colleagues pursuing work with existing donor clients, and will increasingly involve the acquisition of new clients and contracts with private, public and donor clients sourced in-country.
- The Country Director will be the public face of Palladium in Nigeria.
- The position will be based in the Palladium office in Abuja, Nigeria.
The position holder will have the following responsibilities:
- To act as the lead representative of Palladium in Nigeria, forming positive working relations with the Government, donors, the private sector and civil society organisations.
- To oversee current project activities, in partnership with project teams.
- To support the human resource management of all Palladium staff in Nigeria, both permanent and project, in partnership with line managers and the HR function.
- To identify, pursue and coordinate new business opportunities with development partners, government organisations and the private sector;
- To seek opportunities with new and existing donors through all platforms through different coordination groups, affiliations and networks and attended related events, meetings and working groups;
- To develop and implement a strategy for stakeholder engagement related to new business opportunities; Creating and implementing an annual marketing plan based on specific growth targets;
- To maintain and grow relationships with all current and new donors across practice areas, serving as the communication arm back to regional offices;
- To provide contextual advice on bids and proposals and to provide inputs related to partnerships, staffing and assist in strategically enhancing proposed solutions;
- To contribute to development thinking in Tanzania through engagement and active participation in public fora and publication of research and thought pieces;
- To contribute to or lead on strategic projects as required.
Minimum education and experience required:
- Relevant Master’s Degree in International Development, Economics, Business or related Technical field.
- Total minimum of 12 years of development experience in a consulting or development organisation, preferably with experience of both donor agencies , government organisations and the private sector
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- A deep understanding of the economic, social and political context of Nigeria;
- Previous experience in a Director-level role managing budgets and staff teams.
- Ability to engage with public, donor and private sector clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Strong technical expertise and writing skills and proven ability to conceptualize and write concept notes, proposals and thought pieces;
- Sound business and programme development skills;
- Excellent client relationship management skills;
- A team player, able to demonstrate a commitment to providing high quality development assistance;
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision (a self-starter and innovator);
- Willingness to travel and work abroad when needed.
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships.
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation’s success.
- The ability to see how an individual fits into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG