Engineering Jobs at Owens & Xley Consults
Owens & Xley Consults – Our client, an Electrical Engineering and Home Automation company, is looking to fill the position of Engineering Manager.Engineering Jobs at Owens & Xley Consults Owens & Xley Consults – Our client, an Electrical Engineering and Home Automation company, is looking to fill
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Function of the Role
- The Engineering Manager will be responsible for coordinating and leading the activities of the engineering department.
- You will direct the conceptualization, design and delivery of innovative technical solutions for the company’s clients.
- You will liaise with the state and local government regulatory agencies when required.
- The Engineering Manager will also manage engineers and all other technical staff.
- Lead and manage the engineering team
- Responsible for the design, development and specification of components for electrical power distribution systems and utilization systems using relay or Programmable Logic Control (PLC) equipment
- Works with business development team to develop proposals and bid documents
- Develop scope of work for Automation system, networks and projects
- Responsible for cost and risk assessment during project bid and risk mitigation during project execution
- Identifies end user training needs for technologies and products delivered
- Manages automation projects, monitors scope, schedule, and budget based on the project plan
- Project scheduling through use of project management software (Microsoft Project or other)
- Delivers status updates and reports to customers, partners and management
- Conducts quality management reviews
- Prioritizes and balances competing project demands and conflicting project requirements
- Travels (if required) to sites to observe before, during, and after construction
- Understands, implements, and enforces company and client standards on projects
- Delegating work, training and supervising on less experienced engineers
- Coaching and mentoring other staff
- Trouble shooting, equipment inspection and resolving work problems
- Supporting all engineering teams
- HND or BSC in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Electronics, Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 Years experience + COREN Certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to read analyze and interpret engineering drawings
- Proficient in power distribution, Lighting design, fire alarms, security systems and audio-visual communication systems.
- Exposure to home automation systems is a definite advantage
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD etc
- Experience with electrical calculation software such as eTAP
- Knowledge of electrical codes and engineering standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Time/stress management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to [email protected]Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG