Human Resource Officer at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has worked in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
Human Resource Officer (Maiduguri)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
Mercy Corps Nigeria is seeking to hire a Human Resource officer to undertake the Human Resource function within the human resource department in our Maiduguri Office
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow Mercy Corps Policies and Procedures for Human Resource Management as stipulated in the Mercy Corps HR Manual and National Policy manual.
- Handles all field recruitment process in liaison with relevant hiring managers.
- Receives all HR related documentation from head office and file as required.
- Update all personnel files and ensure safety of all personnel information
- Ensure staff fill all medical forms and send them to the head office, Abuja.
- Maintain staff personnel files in an MC standardized filing system, making sure all necessary HR paperwork is consistently filed and/or updated as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/pay rises.
- Assist with the collection of monthly time sheets and ensure original copies are sent to the country office
- Ensure that all new hires undergo on-boarding process at the field office
- Ensure that staff undertake mandatory trainings
- Participate in any disciplinary meetings and hearings and take minutes.
- Track all performance reviews/probationary evaluations and notify supervisory staff accordingly.
- Monthly tracking of Leave attendance, National Field Database, Medical, Performance Management, Training database
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with office administration; computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
- Must possess a minimum of a degree in preferably Human Resource, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline
- Ability to communicate in English & Hausa
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to [email protected] on or before the 3rd February, 2017. Please note that Mercy Corps Nigeria is an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG