Job Opportunity at i+ consortium
The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration project which is funded by the Global Fund, is designed to improve patient access and availability of medicines – through visibility, control and efficient Last Mile delivery. The project will also ensure a tighter integration of National Pharmaceutical supply chains between Federal & State, Donors, Public & Private Sector, and across commodities – HIV, Malaria, TB and by platform extension to Family Planning and Vaccines.
i+ consortium, which comprises international and local organizations, will be responsible for the establishment of functional Logistics Management units at state level and deploymentof Logistics Management Information system (LMIS) tools at state level. The consortium will be supporting the National Product Supply Chain management Programme (NPSCMP) within the Food and Drugs Services Department (FDS) of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in achieving its set objectives of having a streamlined, cost effective and ultimately more sustainable National Pharmaceutical Supply Chain.
A key deliverable in year 1 (2015-16) was the development of a monitoring & supervision (M&S) framework for state LMCUs to measure supply chain performance followed by capacity building of relevant LMCU staff of 14 states.
In year 2 (2016-17), the framework will be rolled out to remaining 23 states. Additional support is required in terms of following up on the progress of the 14 states.
The M&S component falls under the overall responsibility of the lead expert M&S (NL-based) with support from national M&S coordinator (Nigeria-based). To support project implementation in year 2, additional local M&S consultants will be required to support the team.
Local Monitoring and Supervision (M& S) Consultant – Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project – 2 positions
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldMedical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
- Work in close collaboration with and under the overall supervision of Lead Expert M&S, National M&S coordinator, LMCU zonal coordinatorsand i+solutions Nigeria office team;
- Conduct monitoring visits to year 1 states (14) to follow-up on the implementation of M&S work plan, as per defined schedule;
- Draft and disseminate routine progress updates (reports) on M&S activities per state;
- Provide technical assistance to the states in the area of M&S, where required including data quality assurance;
- Participate in stakeholder consultative workshops to discuss year 2 implementation plan;
- Facilitate the training of state consultants and LMCU staff in monitoring and supervision activities for year 2 states (23);
- Contribute to routine reports and progress updates;
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of M&S activities, documented in an activity plan;
- Coordinate pilot testing of the proposed M&S system in selected states and contribute towards finalization of the M&S framework document;
- Provide technical support to the state consultants and LMCU staff on M&S activities, where necessary;
- Work with consortium partners and i+ solutions local staff to ensure successful implementation of project work plans at state level;
Level of effort: 40 days/year
Validity: 12 months, with effective from 1 Feb 2017
Location: Home-based (Abuja or any other state in Nigeria)
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in pharmacy, public health or related health area;
- At least 5 years work experience in the area of health supply chain management, preferably within the Nigerian public health system;
- At least 2 years work experience in the area of monitoring and supervision and/or monitoring and evaluation including measuring key performance indicators;
- Demonstrated mix of monitoring, evaluation, assessment, and research skills, including qualitative and quantitative;
- Must be able to work independently, with minimum supervision;
- Strong interpersonal/communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field, on short notice.
Based on qualification and experience.
Hiring on the basis of consultancy contract.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to [email protected] . Please indicate the title of post applied for and location in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG