Job Opportunity at World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Project Consultant (AVADAR)
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldMedical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/16/SSA29
Contract type: Special Service Agreement
Duration of contract: 12 Months
Organization unit: AF_NGA Nigeria (AF_NGA) / AF_NG3 Technical Units (AF_NG3) IVE
Objectives of the Programme
- The main objective of the post is to coordinate the implementation of AVADAR in Borno state so as to increase the sensitivity of AFP reporting focusing in areas where we have low AFP case reporting including inaccessible wards.
Description of Duties
Under the overall guidance of the IVE Focal person and over all supervision of Zonal Coordinator and guidance of the state coordinator the AVADAR consultant will carry out the following specific task:
- Liaise with government and all partners to ensure timely execution the project as per the timelines
- Working with the focal persons from the supporting partners, ensure that there is constant communication on the project and how to move it along
- Support the set-up of meetings be they physically or virtually
- Develop a communication plan for the project that would be shared widely
- Perform other responsibilities that may be required of him
- Lead the development and distribution of the project documents by liaising with pertinent partners
- Lead the preparations and execution of training at all levels
- Ensure that SOPs are followed in implementation sites
- Ensure that all sectors of the loop are functioning optimally, by liaising with relevant partners
- Conduct monitoring and supervisory visits to end users
- Set up calls and other forms of communications to trouble shoot as necessary
- Support the process of payment incentive for the notification of an AFP case that yields a polio virus
Monitoring and Evaluation and data analysis:
- Monitor periodically the implementation of AVADAR through utilization of outputs from the system and through triangulation different data set for AFP surveillance
- Support the development of an analysis plan for AVADAR
- Document all the processes of the implementation and provide monthly and quarterly report
- Provide recommendations based on results for possible utilization of the system in other places.
- Essential: Degree in the Social or Health Sciences.
- Desirable: Master’s Degree in Public Health
Verification of Educational qualifications:
- “In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually”.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel in Borno state. Knowledge or previous work in the state would be an advantage
- Knowledge of local languages would be an advantage
- Producing results;
- Fostering integration and teamwork;
- Ensuring the effective use of resources;
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond;
- Promoting WHO’s position in health leadership
- Essential: At least 5 years’ experience working in PEI, 3 of these should be with AFP surveillance
WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization (WHO) career website on erecruit.who.int to applyDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG