Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria | Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) Job Vacancies. Confirm these job vacancies at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria below.
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve
access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobilization Officer (MO)
Job ID: #1916938
Location: Osun and Cross River (Ogoja)
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 Months
About this Role
- The post is part of the programmes/operations team, delivering high impact across most Nigerian states. It plays a key creative and energizing role in creating demand for MSION’s services raising awareness of the types of services available, disseminating information about the services and their importance and stimulating interest in clients to use them. Using a range of techniques, they reach different segments of the market (adolescents, married, unmarried, younger, older, men, women) and inform MSION’s delivery teams of the specific needs of these groups so that services can be amended accordingly.
- MSION Mobilisation Officer work with Social Franchise outlets, MSION’s clinic and Outreach teams. They link with the MSION sales teams.
- The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development in the excellent delivery of work against these responsibilities.
- Analysis and identification of key targets from a range of potential client groups
- Activities with agreed target groups that result in them using MSION strategic services
- Reflection and reporting on impact of CMMO activities and to management with recommendations on service provision
- MO must be able to speak with authority and confidence about community attitudes and family planning. They must therefore have knowledge gained through study or equivalent professional experience on modern contraception, health services and local community organisation.
- Development and supervision of a team of community volunteers
- Minimum of OND/HND in any discipline
- Computer literacy is an advantage
- Able to communicate fluently in the local Nigerian Language
- Good understanding of the local area and ability to investigate and analyze
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated drive and creativity to find new ways of communication and engaging with potential clients across a range of market segments with specific examples of when you have found new ways to resolve a project issue. (Essential)
- Demonstrated empathy in working in underserved communities and working to impact on the lives of women (Essential)
- Strong organizational abilities that enable you to manage your workload, follow through on objectives and meet deadlines (essential)
- Proven communications, presentation and negotiation skills. You must be able to “sell” the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts support and report clearly and without prejudice on outcomes (desired).
- 0-3 years work experience
- Networking skills are (essential)
- Experience in managing volunteers an advantage(essential)
The core Responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Commitment to personal development.
- Results orientation
Job Title: Strategic Behaviour Communication Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: Assistant Director, Operations
Duration of contract: 2 years
Probationary period: 6 months
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Initiative, energy, persistence, results orientation, drive, integrity, enthusiasm, commitment to personal development, to further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Key duties in relation to the responsibilities:
- Leading the development of Demand Creation Strategies
- Designing and delivering effective training to staff and partners.
- Clear communication to the whole team on progress against strategy and lessons learne.
- Designing and delivering effective youth intervention strategy for all MSION’s Service delivery Channel.
- Development of effective marketing materials that provide excellent information in an appropriate format, promoting the brand and boosting client numbers
Knowledge Qualifications & Capabilities
- B.Sc/BA Degree in communication, Arts, marketing and related field; MA/MSc in these areas would be an added advantage
- Technical expertise in the area of demand creation/marketing
- Excellent knowledge of a range of media (web, social, print) for information and demand creation
- Knowledge of social marketing, reproductive health, maternal, HIV and/or child health preferred
- 6 years’ post NYSC with track record of SBCC experience
- Strategic analysis and planning skills
- Research and review
- Excellent communication skills for developing a network of staff and partners involved in Demand Creation
- Experience logical frameworks, behaviour change models, marketing planning and program management tools preferred
- Ability to work effectively in partnership with a variety of audiences and organizations especially CBOs
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and pidgin
- Practical experience and willingness to travel to low-income and/or rural community mobilization.
- Experience in managing volunteers and team members, including recruitment, training and support.
- Sensitive to issues of participation and preferably with knowledge of participatory approaches.
- Excellent writing, organizational, teamwork and multitasking capabilities, presentation and interpersonal communication skills preferred
- Good people and communication abilities including training and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated technical expertise developing designing and running training
- Experience of DfiD, USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team environment preferred
- Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria, international health, development issues and the international donor community
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2017.
For more updates on job vacancies at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria, please drop your phone number and email address on our comment box below.
If this information was helpful and insightful, please share with your friends by clicking our social media button (Facebook, twitter, instagram, LinkedIn)
GOTOSCHOOLDo you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG