Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk/Support Service Assistant
Duration: The Project will end in August 2017.
- Welcome and receive visitors to the office.
- Manage general office communications
- Disseminate formal communications to staff.
- Maintain current contact database of other INGO, Partners, Government and Donor organisations.
- Receive, collate and send letters and correspondence to field offices and partner offices.
- Main office telephone, transferring calls and messages to staff.
- Managing incoming and outgoing post, receiving newspaper publications and monthly processing of payments.
- Assist in the general document-filing system.
- Manage calendars and arrangement of meetings for the Kebbi office
- Ad hoc Typing, spiral binding, scanning & photocopying
- Assist in the maintenance of the office
- Ensure the Kebbi minutes of meeting are sent out as at when due to all Nigeria Staff and file is updated at all times
- Assist in providing admin support for in house trainings
- Filing and documentation
- Assist in co-ordinating and maintaining the SC resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
- Assist in the production and publications of all SC official text, reports and other materials.
- Ensure the office First Aid kits are stocked and replenished with genuine drugs
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Skills and Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Degree in Communication, Library Sciences, Administration, Humanities or its equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented documents
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
- Strong coordination and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd February, 2017.Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG