Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, operating in more than 70 countries. Our aim is to meet the energy needs of society in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally viable, now and in the future. Our focus on innovation and technology has made us a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of refined petroleum products and has us ranked amongst the top most innovative companies in the world.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Law / Legal
As Legal Counsel, this role will be accountable to the Team Lead – Environmental litigation in Nigeria for the following:
- Management of assigned litigation matters by providing cost effective and efficient litigation legal services to meet the litigation and dispute resolution needs and priorities of the company including:
- Management and risk evaluation of litigation and provision of advice and opinion to legal and business managers with respect to litigation and sundry issues being managed;
- Developing a litigation strategy in each of the relevant assigned litigations including management of legacy litigation arising from spill related or pollution related issues
- Management of interface with external counsel to ensure the provision of efficient, cost-effective and result oriented services.
Implementation of the company’s litigation management framework including:
- Reporting of significant litigation risks within the applicable control framework;
- Maintenance of the matter management database of all litigation matters assigned in the litigationmanagement system;
- Promoting litigation risk awareness in the relevant Businesses being supported
- Will be involved in the provision of relevant litigation related reports and interface with relevant teams in the company including the Finance team and the external auditors regarding legal contingent liabilities and provisioning arising from litigation matters;
- Providing required support and advice in communications with external parties to ensure that Company’s right and position in ongoing or threatened litigation matters are preserved
- This position requires a seasoned lawyer with minimum of 5 years hands-on management of high-level and complex litigation matters
- Excellent litigation, analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills with ability to spot legal issues and develop cost effective legal solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with Senior Management and External counsel with due regard for the needs of the business.
- High level of professional integrity and strong leadership and people management skills with capacity to work independently and as part of the team
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple competing activities and remain positive in challenging circumstances.
- Capability to learn new areas of law and show flexibility and pragmatism in deploying legal skills to achieve business objectives.
- Result driven self-starter with good business partnering skills and customer focus
- Applicant must have been called to Bar
- Good understanding of the Petroleum industry in general and its legal framework in Nigeria including
- familiarity with common law principles and contract law is required.
Interested and qualified? Send in your application HERE
Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian Newspapers Online
Information is Power! Don't miss any information from your School, So, Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! Now
"LIKE" To Get Daily Updates from our Facebook Page
"Follow US" on Twitter @GotoSchool
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG